Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's near Lakeland Florida besides me?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chvyhs, Jul 6, 2002.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Who\'s near Lakeland Florida besides me?

I'm visiting Lakeland right now. I'm leaving on 7/10. I've seen plenty of muddin trucks. Where are the rocks and mountains? All I see is MUD and water!

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Re: Who\'s near Lakeland Florida besides me?

I am about 20 min out of Lakeland! Straight up Hwy 98 that runs thru Lakeland. There are no rocks or mountains to be had in Fla. Remember this is nothing more than a sand bar. LOL! We need to try to hook up.

3. bogginnut

bogginnut Registered Member

The ball is rolling right now trying to get a park built, with imported rocks. Don't think we could swing a mountain though. Do some waterproofing and hit the bogs. Sean

4. Pure Insanity

If you want to try to meet up somewhere in Lakeland P/M me w/ a # I can reach you at so we can set something up. Im trying to reach a few others from here to go also if you can make it.

5. Overkill

Overkill 1/2 ton status

Hey PI, I got your PM tonight. I will prolly give you a shout in the daytime (Im on night shift this week). I won't be able to hook up for any wheeling for a while. I just got the K5 tagged and insured and the little bit of running I've done (on road) has revealed alot of bugs. I guess leaving a vehicle sit for 4 years is a bad thing /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif LOL. Im shooting for this fall to have everything operating and reliable. Will definately have to get together then, it will be much cooler too, haha. Talk to ya later... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Sorry I couldn't hook up with anyone. I'm back in Ca now. The trip was for my wife's family and I could work anything out. I was lucky to get enough time to get on the computer. I'm sure I'll be back one of these days. Thanks for the offers.

7. Pure Insanity

Next time your back let me know. (w/ a little more notice) /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Im sure we can round up a few of us to get together. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif