Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's running an Atlas II??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kpanza, Apr 20, 2003.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Who\'s running an Atlas II??

Did a search, but didn't come up with much...so, who's running an Atlas II out there in a K5? Want to get rid of the NP208 once and for all, thinking about the Atlas II 3.8:1 case...

Any info concerning any mods required to make this work would be great! (Driveline mods, floorboard mods, crossmember mods, etc) For your info, it's an 87 with 700R4 and NP208 (currently). Also, if you could let me know where you got it from, that would be great!

Thanks for any help! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Re: Who\'s running an Atlas II??

i don't run one, but blk87k5, brian, has one in his truck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

i do believe its a bolt on operation. new crossmember and driveshafts and you are set. id go with highangle drive shafts with 32 spline outputs and 1 ton flanges looks to be about 2478 not too bad /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif but with drive shafts front and rear its gets pricey. Maybe you can get a deal i dont think your rear will work at all. The front may need just the tcase end redone.

Let me know what you come up with. Ive been eyeing this for a while. Either that or a Klune-v with a 205 which doesnt sound bad. with more gear selection options.
    /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Im leaning towards the atlas 3.8 for simplicity though.

4. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Hey Larry,

Yeah, I have toyed with the Klune V/205 combo before, would be really cool, lots of options, but would be real expensive...Atlas 3.8 is not cheap, but would be less $$ and like you said, less headaches...I'll let you know what I find out...maybe we could work some kind of deal if we both get one? It may be a while, but I'll see what kind of info I can come up with...