Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's running tractor tires??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FreedomIsntFree, Sep 10, 2005.

1. FreedomIsntFree

FreedomIsntFree 1/2 ton status

I found this site. http://www.millertire.com/ However I can't figure out what size rim is needed. They show them as 36", 38" and larger rims. Where would I get rims that are 36"?

I'm looking to run something like this.

[​IMG]

2. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Those are tires for the rear of a tractor.... so they are about 60 inches tall... I don't know where to find rims, but you don't want to run those unless you are offroad only.

3. FreedomIsntFree

But for a trail truck ti would be ok right? I guess I could just look at some of the Michelin XL's. Only thing is I don't like the big 20s.

Where can you get military 20s? I don't want chrome or polished aluminum. I just want flat so I can powdercoat them black.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

boogers,not boggers?

I've seen mud bog trucks use 36" tires from old John Deere tractors..all the ones I saw were on the stock John Deere rims,with the centers from 8 lug wheels welded in place of the tractors original centers,or custom adapters were used..

.I've also have seen many off road only trucks used on farms with 24" tractor-trailer tires with the bud rims re-worked with custom centers to allow them to bolt up to the 8 lug pattern on the truck...neither would likely be useable on road,but at least the semi tires are rated for highway speeds!--how tractor tires dont blow apart on pulling tractors spinning a tire at 100+mph,when the tires are rated for 15-20 mph.I'll never understand! :eek1: --BTW--your gonna need ultra low axle gears to run tires that tall!.. :crazy:

5. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You don't like the big 20's, but you're willing to run a 36? :confused:

6. FreedomIsntFree

Haha...I meant I don't like chrome 20's you see on imports and stuff. I wouldn't mind an all steel plain wheel I could paint or powder coat black.

7. gauder

gauder Banned

The new dodge trucks have 20" steel spares. Don't know if that helps out the rim situation.

8. FreedomIsntFree

Are Dodge 20" rims the same bolt pattern as D60s?

9. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

No, they're 5 or 6 lug. I can't remember for sure. They're absurdly narrow also.

I understand you on the 20's now....

10. FreedomIsntFree

So you could probably fit the Michelin XL 41x13 military tires but I don't think that would work on my D44.

Once I get my D60, I'll be 8 bolt and then i'll be back to square one. :dunno:

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

why do you need those huge tractor tires for anyways? for 1 ton axles thats not going to work. even rockwells might suffer for that big of tires.

12. FreedomIsntFree

I'm just looking for a good performer in the mud and wanted something different than the same old bogger, etc. I have seen many a truck running these type of tires with similar tread. I was just curious what type of setup they were because i've only seen pictures and video, never in person.

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

there is a guy on pirate from alaska that runs (or ran) 46" tractor tires on his truck. his user name is bgreen im pretty sure.
    But 60" tires are huge even for mud. but thats cool if you want to try it. could always get custom rims made for it, with the bolt pattern you need.

14. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Custom wheels. Big bucks in this here setup. That's like a 24" rim and tractor tire.

15. topekachevy

topekachevy Newbie

if you want v tread tires look at construction equipment. you can get 35 inch tires that fit a 15 inch wheel. trenchers and front fertelizer (sp?) truck tires are just like mini monster truck tires. granted they are wider but same tread. one big down fall is they are rated at like 20 mph max. i have talked to some vendors here in kansas about getting some for bogs. they said they would work for short distances at high speed but very long and they will fly apart. another idea is if you want skinny tires farmer sprinkler systems for fields run smaller tractor looking tires. and if memory serves me correctly they are the same 8 lug bolt pattern as a truck. was lookin into running both at one time but got a steal on boggers.

16. gauder

gauder Banned

Partstrain.com lists them as 8" wide, but you are right, they are only 5 lug.

Still, if you just used them for the hoops, maybe your stock centers would fit. Don't know though.

17. FreedomIsntFree

Guess I'm back to the idea of running 38.5x11.5 boggers.

I can'te explain it, I just like the narrower tire, plus I know it will be a little easier on whatever axle i'm running.

18. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

why not the mill issue 37" mich tires 11r16.

19. FreedomIsntFree

Just a matter of finding plain jane steel wheels. My blazer is a rust bucket will be a 90% trail/mud truck. So I don't want anything chrome or aluminum. I just want painted or powder coated black.

20. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

fit perfect on stock steel factory rims.

got this from someone on hear. will look like these on truck .

comparison.JPG