Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whos shifter is better? Hurst or B&M?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddinmike, Nov 11, 2003.

1. muddinmike

muddinmike Registered Member

Anybody ever use these two companys shifters? Im leading towards the hurst v-matic 2 CLICK HERE for details. Or the B+M mega shifter CLICK HERE for the details on that one. The hurst has a lifetime warrenty and the B&M has a one year. The hurst can be used as a rachet shifter and a gate shifter but the b+m is only a rachet shifter. Im not real familer with the rachet type so I like the fact that i can switch the hurst around if i need to. Which do you think is better? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Thanks

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I have used a Mega Shifter in several builds. I have not used anything from Hurst though, so I can not say yes or no.

It does take awhile to get used to a ratchet shifter, but like anything else, it becomes second nature after awhile.

3. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

I loved my pro ratchet in my manual valve body'ed car, I dont know about a ratchet shifter in a full auto, to each their own. I have a hurst shifter in my car and its ok, (its a stick though)

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I had a ratchet shifter once and I really liked it. Course it was on a little hot rod so I don't know what'd be like on a 4x4. Anyway I liked it. Good luck to ya.

Allan

5. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I vote for the B&M shifter. I haven't used the Hurst before. You could always weld a piece of iron to the tranny and use a bungy cord to hold it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif You only need first gear for tuff truckin' /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif