Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who's that?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ddragggon, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

who\'s that?

hey, long time no see everyone. been a few months, and most the posts I've put up in the last 1/2 a year have been whining about how I've got no job, and got no money, and etc, but finaly I have good news.

I work at a circle K, making enough money to pay the bills. not great, but at least I'm getting something done now. I've also picked up a secondary contracting job doing networking stuff... its currently temporary, and part time on an `as needed basis' but if the company owner has his way, and the dice fall properly, I could end up working 60 hour weeks if I so desired. oh, and its at $20/hour. true, this is an injustice to a certified network administrator, but I'm not currently certified, although that'll be my first order of business if I do end up with mad time on this thing.

the only negatives I've got going right now, is the lack of funds to finish the 454 for Burbanzilla, the destruction of a hub while 4 wheeling last week, and the radical shift in Gasoline Pricing. with any luck, I'll end up working about 20 hours/week on my network installation job, and be able to start dumping money into Burbanzilla, a fuel friendly daily driver, and fulfill my final lifetime dream: build a streetable hotrod, capable of pulling a 12 second or better quarter mile. ( of course, if I attain this goal, I'm out of goals, except for getting a totaly bitchin garage, equipped with everything I'll ever need to build anything... oh, and I guess it'll have a house stuck to it too)

with the advent of my new employment, I plan to hang out here more, and whatnot. heck, as soon as money loosens up a little, I might finaly get off my lazy behind, and become a member.

-Rich

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: who\'s that?

good to see you back again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Good to see your back and your position has improved. Congrats. And if you need another goal in life after the 12 car, how about 10? That is my goal. A cool K5, a cool tow rig, a cool offroad only K5, and a high 8 low 9 second street legal drag car. It would be cool to have a cool cruiser car like an old school impala or caddy with a new Northstar drivetrain.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Glad to see ya back. Just the other day I was reminising on the people from the 73-87 Chevy list such as yourself, realsquash, dorian and dorian was the only regular poster left here and now you have returned. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Good to see your back and your position has improved. Congrats. And if you need another goal in life after the 12 car, how about 10? That is my goal. A cool K5, a cool tow rig, a cool offroad only K5, and a high 8 low 9 second street legal drag car. It would be cool to have a cool cruiser car like an old school impala or caddy with a new Northstar drivetrain.

[/ QUOTE ]eventually 10 or better is a goal, but for now, I've got an engine laying around that should be able to give me a 12 easy... just need a car to wrap around it.
    [ QUOTE ]
    Glad to see ya back. Just the other day I was reminising on the people from the 73-87 Chevy list such as yourself, realsquash, dorian and dorian was the only regular poster left here and now you have returned. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] well, I've finaly got some more time, and less Stress, so Hooray. I've also working on getting myself in a position to finish out the burb in a semi reasonable amount of time, especialy if I get this networking gig full time.