Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's The Biggest Threat?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cricket, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Who is the bigger threat in your opinion.

Iran
    Syria
    North Korea
    China
    Bone Laden

My money's on China.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2005
  2. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

China isn't going to do anything unless we invade N. Korea, then they will kick our ass like Vietnam. They have numbers and don't seem to care if their people die.

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

I have to go with North korea, Thats Kim guy is a serious wack job, and now they have nukes? screw that ,
    And ya i agree with the china thing they have what? 3 billion people? and every one with a sks? no way in hell i want to pick a fight with those yo hoo's, It would be just like WWII we would have to use nukes just to save our guys asses, and this time they would be able to pop some back at us.

All in all its just one of those horrible secnarios you just dont want to think about:eek: :eek1: :yikes:

4. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i think they are all a bunch of whimps.

i think the biggest threat to us losing wars is the
    media :mad:

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. The media is our worst nightmare !!!!

6. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Long term? China

Short term? Syria AND Iran.

All the time? The left.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm curious about Syria. I wonder if that's become a bubbling brew of terrorists and guerillas, and some kind of organized militia development.

Larger countries with a government controlling the military force have something to lose by messing with us. Roving militants that take over a country and then move on to the next (afghanistan->Syria, Iraq->Syria) might not be too worried about the U.S.'s retaliation if they can launch an attack from point A and go hide at Point B.

8. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yup. the liberal media is the biggest threat to a free America. We are at a far greater danger of destruction from within. Than from outside countries like China.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Kick our ass like in Vietnam? Vietnam was all but won when we pulled out because the President caved to the whims of the media... Millions of South Vietnamese died after that in re-education camps at the hands of the North, whose hands is that blood on?

Anyways, I'm not here to debate that, but don't listen to everything that your liberal teachers tell you.

10. dwoods

dwoods 1/2 ton status Premium Member

China and Iran's government will change for the better in a few years. Syria and N. Korea can be isolated. Why N. Korea is mad at us is after they kicked weapons inspectors out we stopped giving them free Oil ( Part of deal by Clinton). Their economy is in shammbles only a matter of time before a revolt there. So the biggest problem is Syria and Iran founding Terroist.

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

no one can beat us, including China. Numbers haven't decided a real war in forever. The romans were damn near always outnumbered. What matters is training, hardware and logistics. Unfortunately for China, we are better than them in all three, a lot better. In my opinion, the chinese airforce could be destroyed by the USAF/USN in 3 or 4 weeks and at that point, its over. Doesn't matter if you have 10 times as many men or even 100 times. If we really wanted to get nasty, we could bring china to its knees with zero men on the ground, it would just take time. No fixed infrastructure (bridges, buildings, dams, electrical stations, ports etc) are safe from our airpower / cruise missiles. If we wanted, we could sit back and pound their economy into dust and then go from there. Once their domestic production of anything important is reduced to near zero, they are done. Their tanks need gas just like anyone elses, and with their ports closed and transportation net bombed/missiled daily, they wouldnt be getting it.

Anyway, the question isn't who can beat us, it's who is the biggest threat. Right now, I'd have to say its a toss up between north korea and Iran. North Korea is on the decline... they are a pathetic country really, but they are nutty and have nukes. Iran on the other hand is on the rise, supports terrorism all over the globe, is larger in land area and population and is working on nukes of their own. More importantly, the clerics are smart. They allow a figurehead prime minister who is a "moderate" be "in power" because they know western sensibilities say we won't attack with a moderate in charge... even though its these radical piece of **** clerics that actually run everything. Anyway, they know how to pull our strings. Their BS doesnt work on us conservatives, but the leftists and those "centrists" easily swayed by the mass media eat it up. Its no surprise that KGB officers used to call american anti-war protestors "the **** eaters", the left will grab anything our enemies dream up for propaganda and take it for gospel. It won't be long before Iran is the #1 threat...

j

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

58000 of our brave men died... well over a million (we'll never know) north vietnamese died. Thats over 17:1 kill ratio. In 1942 when the germans were really beating the snot out of russia, they were getting like a 2.5:1 kill ratio and that was considered a "slaughter" at that time. I guess you can call our boys only getting a 17:1 ratio with their hands tied behind their back with BS rules an "ass kicking", we just disagree on who got "kicked".

j

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

From talking to family members who served in Vietnam, I understand the only reason we "lost" is because of the liberal polititions here in the states telling our troops what we could and couldn't do. The liberal media blasting bs propoganda caused a up roar back home. The damn liberals pressured the goverment ...ect.

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well since I'm getting ready to go offline for a couple of days, I can't really add to this except the biggest threat is either China or my ass; just depends on what I have eaten in the past 24 hours............................

15. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

NORTH KOREA!!!! I beleive N. Korea is our biggest threat. They are a highly deprived country kept in the dark for many years now. They have the largest army. All the money they do make goes into war. This is a problem brewing for 50 years now and only getting worse. They War has never officially ended between N. Korea and us/S. Korea (R.O.K.). Just my two cents. Oh BTW I was stationed in Korea from may 2001-may 2002 and currently in Afghanastan. In my opinion N.K. is more of a threat.

16. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

born after daddy got back 2nd term in vietnam. Even the insurance man tells me the media hurt us in the war and every war after. But pa being career military the media hurts us in most wars and needs to be limited in information. Before all this media as in wwII when more regulated by government did not have to put up with liberal problems and could do what needs to be done. All the vets tell me we killed all the enemy and just keep getting more from the other surounding countries. Have not kept up with news lately but feel at the time syria or iran are more problem.

17. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Syria and Iran by far....

Iran's leadership is on the way out... the younger generation hates em and wants change. that being said, their leaders can certainly cause some chit for us in Iraq in there final years... Syria, even more so.... you can be garaunteed they've been funneling as many terrorists into Iraq as they can...

the threat from NK is them possibly screwing with Japan or SK.. i'm certainly not worried about missiles that say "made in Korea"....

the left and media lost Nam, not our boys.. its been stated many times by vets that we shredded them in most engagements.. i've read numerous times how in recent years the North Vietnamese where terrified of rolling thunder B-52 strikes.. too bad our country hasn't had a backbone since WW2...

anyone watch that recent documentary on our tunnel rats? very enlightening...

18. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

85% of the American population

19. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I agree with Jek. To add to that any of those countrys could be taken care of with our air power alone. I also think we could bring China to her knees by cutting off trade with them. They would be nothing more than a big N. Korea. Sure they would have a fancy looking military but they would be starving and living in the dark behind closed doors. If it were not for U.S. dollars pouring into China they would have had a revolt a long time ago.

20. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

And that in effect is our biggest threat - China cheap shiat products that we insist on buying from outlets like WalFart. Stop buying the crap, they don't get the money from the trade deficit, they no longer can experience the industrial revolution they currently are.