Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's the wise guy?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Who\'s the wise guy?!?!?!?!

That decided to create Toronto, California...

I saw Toronto, CA somewhere and assumed it was Toronto, Canada... but later found out it was Toronto California /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Re: Who\'s the wise guy?!?!?!?!

I've heard of it but don't know where it is. There's a Perris CA.. Not the same as Paris but sounds the same... There's also another city in CA named after a state. Can't remember what it is right now. Getting old sux... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Ther's an Ontario CA. too...

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Are you kidding, California is so over crouded they have used some city names 2 times /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

You sure it wasnt Torrance ??

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm pretty sure... It might have been another Canadian city... but whatever it was, it was in California... and I was thrown off when I saw the CA...

it actually happened at work...

I ship software from Quark to people... And there's a whole different process for shipping to Canada... and I was on a roll sending orders out like a bat outta hell... so I saw the something, CA and without looking at the postal code (Canada has those weird Letter/Number combos) I just assumed it was Canada because I knew the city was a Canadian one and CA is the Canada thing... So I started going through the whole process for shipping to Canada and there's a little box that pops up where I have to enter the value for Customs... and it didn't pop up... so I was like what the heck?!?!

I inspected further and realized it was going to California... so I wasted 3 sheets of paper, my time, some ink from a rubber stamp, some ink from a pen, and... that's about it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Are you kidding, California is so over crouded they have used some city names 2 times /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They have. There are two Brentwoods (don't know if they both have zip codes).

There's a Nevada City, a California City here also.