Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's to blame? Truth coming to light, part 1

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Skigirl, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

This is a post from Bill Weiler, freelance journalist, over in Merritt Island, FL, who has been researching what went on before the storm hit. These are the authors comments.

--
    Politics over Duty

I think all of Mayor Nagin's pomp and posturing is going to bite him hard in the near future as the lies and distortions of his interviews are coming to light.

On Friday night before the storm hit Max Mayfield of the National Hurricane Center took the unprecedented action of calling Mayor Nagin and Governor Blanco personally to plead with them to begin MANDATORY evacuation of New Orleans and they said they'd take it under consideration. This was after the NOAA buoy 240 miles south had recorded 68' waves before it was destroyed.

President Bush spent Friday afternoon and evening in meetings with his advisors and administrators drafting all of the paperwork required for a state to request federal assistance (and not be in violation of the Posse Comitatus Act or having to enact the Insurgency Act). Just before midnight Friday evening the President called Governor Blanco and pleaded with her to sign the request papers so the federal government and the military could legally begin mobilization and call up. He was told that they didn't think it necessary for the federal government to be involved yet. After the President's final call to the governor she held meetings with her staff to discuss the political ramifications of bringing federal forces. It was decided that if they allowed federal assistance it would make it look as if they had failed so it was agreed upon that the feds would not be invited in.

Saturday before the storm hit the President again called Gov. Blanco and Mayor Nagin requesting they please sign the papers requesting federal assistance, that they declare the state an emergency area, and begin mandatory evacuation. After a personal plea from the President, Nagin agreed to order an evacuation, but it would not be a full mandatory evacuation, and the governor still refused to sign the papers requesting and authorizing federal action. In frustration the President declared the area a national disaster area before the state of Louisiana did so he could legally begin some advanced preparations.

Rumor has it that the President's legal advisers were looking into the ramifications of using the insurgency act to bypass the Constitutional requirement that a state request federal aid before the federal government can move into state with troops - but that had not been done since 1906 and the Constitutionality of it was called into question to use before the disaster.

Throw in that over half the federal aid of the past decade to New Orleans for levee construction, maintenance, and repair was diverted to fund a marina and support the gambling ships. Toss in the investigation that will look into why the emergency preparedness plan submitted to the federal government for funding and published on the city's website was never implemented and in fact may have been bogus for the purpose of gaining additional federal funding as we now learn that the organizations identified in the plan were never contacted or coordinating into any planning - though the document implies that they were.

The suffering people of New Orleans need to be asking some hard questions as do we all, but they better start with why Blanco refused to even sign the multi-state mutual aid pack activation documents until Wednesday which further delayed the legal deployment of National Guard from adjoining states. Or maybe ask why Nagin keeps harping that the President should have commandeered 500 Greyhound busses to help him when according to his own emergency plan and documents he claimed to have over 500 busses at his disposal to use between the local school busses and the city transportation busses - but he never raised a finger to prepare them or activate them.

This is a sad time for all of us to see that a major city has all but been destroyed and thousands of people have died with hundreds of thousands more suffering, but it's certainly not a time for people to be pointing fingers and trying to find a bigger dog to blame for local corruption and incompetence.

Pray to God for the survivors that they can start their lives anew as fast as possible and we learn from all the mistakes to avoid them in the future.

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

What is there to research? We all know that hurricanes happen because we hate black people...

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

One thing I would like to know is where he gets his info on what GW was actually doing..... Did he actually talk to GW or is this something he found out down the line from someone that is poosibly trying to make GW look good?

Not trying to start a pissing match, just bringing that to light.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Living here, I can say with some authority that our governor and nagin have the collective i.q. of a box of rocks. A small box. Dumb rocks. They could both individually f**k up an anvil in a sandbox.

Nagin issued an order of mandatory evacuation and allowing force top remove people from NOLA if necessary. The governor then proclaimed that that type of order could only be signed by her. So to sum it up they are now in a power struggle over who should order the evacuation. they can both go piss up a rope as far as I'm concerned.

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Yep, the Rev. Al says so. :wink1:

By the way, if you don't listen to the MSM this info has been going around for a week. CNN and the rest of those jackasses will do anything to blame the federal gov't. for this.

6. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Bush was taking some ridiculous criticism over the past week, but it does seem that since yesterday the truth about Nagin's failures are starting to come out. I think over the next few days people will see that he TOTALLY screwed up. Someone please tell me how the President of the U.S. is at fault here.

This is one more example of how the people in this country have given the federal government power it was never intended to have. When people say the Federal gov't should take care of their state and totally give the state gov't a pass that proves that they simply have no clue.

7. cbbr

I posted this the other day, but what the heck.

[​IMG]

8. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Yep. The sad thing is most all of those people are so undereducated that they would have no idea what this thread means.

9. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

just want to be sure about your coment. do you hate blacks publicly or what. your coment is to open ended. please explain further.

10. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

"sniff, sniff...." smell that? It's sarcasm.

11. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Both the Governor and the Mayor have admitted to Bush's phone calls in interviews/address', yet in the same breath complained that federal response time wasnt fast enough. They dropped the ball big time.

12. bobalob

bobalob 1/2 ton status

i heard today that the red cross had assembled a load of food and water for superdome folks and had the means to deliver it but the local government refused them access stating they did not want to draw any more people to the dome that was beginning to have problems so aid was not delivered and folks had to do without until evacuated days later. (caution this was on fox with brit hume, then picked up by rush so if liberal please disregard because fox and rush lie and a state beauracracy could never be that stupid.)

13. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I helped unload a bunch of folks from NO when they first arrived here in planes, at Kelly USA, the old Kelly AFB. It is just down the street from my fire station. We spent about 7 hrs. that day unloading people, and loading them into buses to go tp the shleters.

Since they have been here, I have seen/heard some pretty disgusting stuff done by them.

From a 3 yo girl who was found in the shelter with vaginal bleeding and vaginal tears. On one day, 7 of the volunteer helpers (civilian) came out of the shelter after a long day of helping out, to find their cars gone from the parking lot. We made a call for one man who was sick of being kicked to the back of the food lines every day. He was white, and said that every time he gets in line.. the black were coming up and blatantly getting in front of him.. and when he would object it seemed to him that they all stuck up for the others. We ended up helping him get some money out of his ATM , and got him a real good rate for a hotel close by. He said they also would stand around his cot and cuss him.

Several women have been raped in the shelters..

I know of several times that people have taken a crap in the showers .. only to have someone come in and clean it up ... and then someone else does it again .. and again. Trash thown on the ground right next to trash cans.. someone took a dump in an ambulance as well.... on the seat no less.. :mad:

Frankly .. I hope they get NO rebuilt, and quickly.. I myself have no desire to see these *people* stay here....

I know there are the good and bad... bu it just seems that the bad are outnumbering the good here.

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Three years old? Oh my Gods.... that is where I tuen vicious, that is on the list of wrong, right on the top :mad:

15. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

That's something you'd have a hard time believing unless you heard it firsthand. I hope you don't have to go through that everyday.

Makes me wonder how firefighter184 is doing down there. He left last week to go help.

16. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yes, I was just making fun of the "good" Reverend, Jesse Jackson :rolleyes:

I don't think I could be racist if I tried :haha:

17. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

that's right, it takes hard work to become one, and you just dont have what it takes!

(more sarcasm, BTW)

18. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Acually the whole hurricane and flood (Bush lit the fuse on the explosives to blow the levy) was a diabolical scheme launched and put in motion by Pres Bush, The GOP and of course Halibertin to empty New Orleans of all the people who vote democrat.
    The idea is to relocate them to red (Republican) states. Which have good economys and low unemployment. Where the poor dependant people will be able to get jobs, get a life, and get off welfare and total dependancy on the government. These people seeing their lives have improved dramaticly acually working for a living rather than sucking off the liberal democrat welfare teat will be more inclined to vote republican.
    The displaced poor who lived in NO will be replaced by business people and tourism. The dilapitaded neighbor hoods will be rebuilt into places people will want to visit and maby start up a business. Beautiful parks will be built. the levy system will be improved to end the flood threat. The mayor and the Governor will be defeated in the next election by conservitive opponents and ran out of the state on a rail.
    New orleans will becone a great monument to capitalism and president Bush will add one more red state to his rapidly growing list :D

So just blame Bush!

19. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

No.. I have not. I have been turning down a lot of overtime to work over there... just don't want to get to the point that I start to hate, if you know what I mean.

I may take some pretty soon. Most of the guys are not dealing with the people as much as the supplies etc. One of th ebuildings here at Kelly is a "central supply hub" that sends stuff to other shelters all over.. and they have been unloading supplies etc.

20. cbbr

I thought this theory was funny mostly because La. is already a Red state in national elections last I checked.