Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's Truck is This

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by petryshyn, Jun 23, 2005.

1. petryshyn

petryshyn 1/2 ton status

http://www.teamswift.net/album_page.php?pic_id=4578 I am wondering whos truck this is. What I want to know is how they cut there fenders and made a lip for them. Also I would like to know what color of green that paint is. Awesom Truck

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

someone with too many stickers and not enough front bumper? ;) j/k, it is a pretty nice truck. :laugh:

what lip? the one on the tops of the fenders looks like the factory lip to me... and I dont see a lip on the rear-portion of the front fender... looks like standard sawzall cut action to me...

j

3. petryshyn

petryshyn 1/2 ton status

Not sure the front, going on an angle doen't look as sharp as I have seen with a sawzall. But mabey my eyes are deceiving me. Any how if that is not a lip i am wondering how it would be possible to make a almost factory lip. If anyone has done it please speak up.

I was thinking a line and hammer and dolly, just wondering if it is the only way to go about doing it.

4. google

google 1/2 ton status

Add a comment to the pic.... maby the owner will reply

5. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You could use a hammer and dolly but o my gosh that would be alot of work and unless you know how to use the beasts it is hard I have seen poeple take solid round like 1/8 or 3/16 and shape it and put it on the lip that is what I plan to do. As far as that truck goes I am pretty sure the lip you see is the factory one

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Do a search for Steve Frisbie and Missouri Offroad Outfitters. He cut and moved the quarter panels on the Burb that was on the cover of this months Four Wheeler. I would love to see pice of that in progress. The final product was great. Steve??

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I've done new lips on front fenders. I started with a 4" wide piece of 20 gauge, held it up to the fender edge and traced the profile. Then I made a second paralell line to the first so the profiled piece would be approx 3/4" wide.

Then I made a couple of hundred tack welds between the edge of the fender and the edge of the lip piece, then with a sanding disc ground it to a nice edge.

Then a week later i smoked the fender on a tree while wheeling...so now I cut em and forget em.

Rene

8. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

There it is!

9. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

As for the color. I would say Olive Drab flat paint :D