Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's used marine carpet

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88K5Jimmy, Jan 2, 2006.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I've searched and who has used marine carpet in their truck? Did you use it with any other materials i.e. bedliner, sound deadoning material, etc. I was thinking about using it on top of a Herculined rear cargo area. So has anybody layed it on top of Herculiner and reduced sound levels?

Thanks

2. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

this probably won't be much of a help, but i have installed marine carpet in my rig. i can't tell you anything about the sound levels, b/c my motor is still in the machine shop, and my truck is still in the middle of a total build. however, i sprayed the bed w/ rust preventative paint, then layed down regular carpet padding, keeping it a couple inches shy of the walls, and then layed down my marine carpet in such a way that water cannot run underneath it. i'm hoping that the padding will provide some head/cold insulation as well as protecting my wife's ears (i wouldn't mind listening to the loud rumble of the 6.2 i built all day long - but it's another story for my wifey.) anyway, just for what it's worth. i picked up my carpet at lowe's for like $4 per linear foot - which = 6 sq. ft. per $4.