Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's used the Goodyear 36x12.5R16.5 Wrangler RT/II's?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AJMBLAZER, Apr 25, 2002.

1. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Who\'s used the Goodyear 36x12.5R16.5 Wrangler RT/II\'s?

The K5 I'm seriously interested in has 38x11R16.5 Boggers on it. Too tall, too narrow, and too extreme for the daily driving and weekend trail use I'd be using the truck for. So I've decided on some 36x12.5 tires, but really shouldn't push my luck and spend another $800 or so on TSL's or TSL SX's./forums/images/icons/frown.gif/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Found out I can get good condition military surplus 36x12.5R16.5 RT/II's rather cheap. So how are these things for daily driving and trail running? It'd be my good weather daily driver, so no snow/ice driving, and I'm in Michigan, so Moab is out of the question.

Also, anyone ever done business with Boyce Equipment? That's who I'd probably get the tires from. Their website says good condition 36" RT/II's shipped to your door for $100 each. Sounds okay to me.

2. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Re: Who\'s used the Goodyear 36x12.5R16.5 Wrangler RT/II\'s?

I like running them. I'm planning on going to 38's just to get more groung clearance. I've used them in mud, sand, hills, and everyday to work and back. The only problem I have had is having them balanced. They seem to use a lot of wieght. Check out my pics to see where they've been. Too bad you're not closer, I'd sell you mine.

3. AJMBLAZER

Man, your pictures make me miss SoCal. I got out of the Marines in November. I was a Corporal in the Air Wing down at Miramar in San Diego. Makes me wish I had ditched my IFS Big Blazer and picked up some rust free K5's./forums/images/icons/frown.gif Now I'm back in Michigan and everything is rusty or expensive, and I can't get rid of the Blazer./forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Thanks for the reviews on the RT/II's though./forums/images/icons/smile.gif You get them from DRMO?

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

they do take a lot of weight, and are pretty loud on the road. they are bias plys, make no mistake. they are so-so in the deep gooey mud, but really good in dirt and sand.

road mannerisms: tracks a bit, nothing like swampers, make sure to check air pressure frequently, as they are used and i had a problem with on of mine when i got it from boyce. Chris (? IIRC) sent out a replacement at no charge, so nothing but good things to say about them.

5. AJMBLAZER

Cool man, thanks for the good reviews./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

How much do you think opening up the center tread like so:
    <a target="_blank" href=http://usa6x6.com/Military/image.phtml?&amp;select=tires&amp;image=Mo%20tires.jpg>http://usa6x6.com/Military/image.phtml?&amp;select=tires&amp;image=Mo%20tires.jpg</a>
    would help?

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

it would help, i think.

Daniel did those special, i would get a price on them first...

7. AJMBLAZER

<a target="_blank" href=http://usa6x6.com/Military/tires.phtml?key=1&amp;select=tires&amp;image=Mo%20tires.jpg>http://usa6x6.com/Military/tires.phtml?key=1&amp;select=tires&amp;image=Mo%20tires.jpg</a>
    $50 a tire, $25 a tire extra for custom cutting/grooving./forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/cool.gif