Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's yellow K5 had the engine fire?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rampage, Jul 9, 2001.

1. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Who\'s yellow K5 had the engine fire?

I went to the junkyard in Fremont, CA a couple days ago and came across a yellow K5 with a white top that had a CK5.com sticker on the rear window. It looked like the engine caught fire and roasted the whole front end. I think I saw a post a few months ago along with some pics of it but can't find the post. It may have been ggallin's (sp) but the pics are not available since Steve can't host pics on the site anymore. Anyone know where I can find the pics or whose it was just so I can end the curiousity? It was a sad site to see ...

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by rampage on 07/09/01 01:10 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Re: Who\'s yellow K5 had the engine fire?

Anyone?

3. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

What junk yard is that? What's the address? I'm running out of places to look around here.

That's because I'm the devil.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I live in Fremont...is it any junkyards of Cherry St in Newark?

Enemy of the Gospel
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>

5. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

It was actually one in Hayward on Depot Rd. I think it was AAA Truck parts or the one next door to it. Hard to remember the name since I visited so many. Seems like all they had was junk ... right where it should be! But I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

6. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>ggallin's caught fire and if thats it grab the rear because its a one off custom 14 bolt ff with the hubs machined to 6 lug. Chances are its not there but its worth a look. It was done by 4 Wheel Parts a year ago, Donovan is working on making something similar right now. </font color=blue>

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I think it's like gallin something... but he has it spelled differently then that. For some reason I'm thinking he was the one... a few months back he had a 14b ff that was 6 lug I wanted to buy but was too poor after it caught fire..... he lives in Nevada up near Reno if I remember correctly? The engine part was just burnt right? The rest was fine... he had a fire and he got it totalled by insurance and striped what he could off of it... anyhow I dunno how right I am, but it sticks out to me for some reason....

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

8. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I'll be in that area again today so I'll have to take another look at it and check out the rearend. I'll let you know what I find out. It sure sounds like the same engine fire, just the front end and everything else is ok. Wonder how it made it's way here.

9. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Just got back from AAA Truck parts. It was an 82 GMC with a custom roof rack, black pushbar, heavy duty custom tail pipe, Lake Tahoe stickers, and 3 empty Sierra Nevada Pale Ales in the rear (a man after my own heart). The rear axle was missing though so I'm sure it was the same one. It was brought into the yard on 4/1. Looks just like this one ... <A target="_blank" HREF=http://members.theglobe.com/hopsing13/JIMMY13.JPG>http://members.theglobe.com/hopsing13/JIMMY13.JPG</A>

What a small world.
    May it rest in peace. (a moment of silence) ...