Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who's yo daddy?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by '73 K5, Jul 18, 2001.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Who\'s yo daddy?

Just had to brag a little tonight. I got done today installing an alarm in my truck and I just got back from the test drive. Everything worked on the first try. No troubleshooting at all. The reason I'm so happy about this is because it includes, 2 regular sirens, 2 interior pain generator sirens, a radar sensor, shock sensor, battery backup, extra pinswitches, etc. The brain and all of the modules have been relocated so they are not accessable from underneath the dash...all the wiring is concealed. All 4 sirens are hidden. I put alot of hours into the install and I'm really stoked it all works!

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Re: Who\'s yo daddy?

Congrats!!

You're in an unusual situation. When things go that good it usually feels weird, don't you thing? In those cases I feel like I forgot something. But maybe you should buy a lottery ticket now. Who knows, maybe you could be the next CK5 sponsor [​IMG].

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

You're totally right. The whole time I was testing it out, I kept getting more and more surprised when nothing went wrong. Buy the looks of your signature line, you're about to be pretty lucky too...454!!!!

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

What alarm unit did you get? what about the sensors and battery backup... I've been looking at alarms, but haven't seen anything quite up to what I was thinking of.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</a>

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I ended up buying all my stuff from Best Buy before I quit. I ended up getting about $450 worth of stuff for $140 after the massive employee discount. Its all DEI brand stuff. Its a DEI 5000 which I think they call a Sidewinder 5000. Maybe DBlazer can back me up on this, but I'm pretty sure its equivalent to a Viper 300...since Viper is part of DEI. The Viper stuff is usually more expensive though.
    All the extra sirens, radar, battery backup are all DEI parts they carry at Best Buy.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

6. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

"All 4 sirens are hidden" All 4? I thing that i heard you alarm the other day when you where testing it. I live in KC and you are in wichita about 200 miles away. LOLOL

7. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

All 4 sirens are concealed pretty well, along with the wiring. And yes, its louder than crap.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

8. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

Cool .. thanks for the info on the parts ... I too have been looking at alarms ... you did just about everything that i was wanting to do to mine. How long did it take you to install it all?

Scot in KC, MO.
    Blue 87 GMC Jimmy
    Red 86 Toyota 4Runner (for sale $2000 obo)

9. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I'd say I probably spent around 15 hours on the install. I'm MECP certified and used to install fulltime and worked on stuff like this all the time. But our customers never wanted to spend extra money on the alarm, so they never went with a battery backup, the brain always ended up right near the steering column under the dash, etc. Very predictable stuff for a good thief to bypass easily.
    The reason I spent so much time on mine was just to frustrate whoever tries to get past my alarm...and make it as effective as possible. Between the battery backup and the location of the brain, I can sleep a little better at night. I spent probably 5 hours on hiding and running the wires just for the sirens!!!
    It doesn't matter how good your alarm is really: the way its installed is 10 times more important.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

10. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

11. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

WishI would have know that some one was looking for an alarm. Just put the one that i had in my k5, but way tring to sell it.