Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whose got the biggest garage???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 77blazin, Oct 28, 2002.

1. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

Alright everyone, whose got the biggest garage to work on their autos??
    Anyone?
    Michael /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

50x60. But only half is my side and none is actually owned by me.

3. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

that thing is nice enough to live in, i have seen it, and i would live there /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Oversize two car for me, with heat.

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

24x40 in town that can barely fit 2 vehicles, because of all my accumulated parts and stuff. No heat, but has electricity.

36x48 up at the property with no heat or electricity. I'll be barely squeezing 7 vehicles into it for winter plus a bunch of stuff (one of the fleet will have to sit outside).

Back in town, all the drivable trucks will have to sit out in the open driveway. Usually, the driveway is where I end up doing all the work, snow or no snow.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

just our 2.5 car at my house hear..that has electricity but no heat and its REALLY cold right now..when i go out to start working on my blazer im going to stuff blankets around all the cracks and get a space heater goin in there or something lol.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I got y'all beat. mine is all of the great outside !!!! LOL

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

ChadH82 has by far the best shop I've ever seen, for a personal-use homeowner. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You can view pics of his shop by clicking on his profile for his web page.

I've got a 32 x 24 two car garage for my shop at home. Out at my folks, they've got a 30 x 50 shop that I do all my rebuilding work in. This is the size of shop I'm gonna build when we build a new home someday. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The folks also have a big barn and some small sheds. These are where I throw a lot of parts and store them. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

You guys will hate me for this, I get to work in a 26,000 sq. ft. shop with everything you could ever want, plus heat, swamp coolers and electricity /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Plus I get all the parts I need to fix my truck at cost /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

at ur dads work or something? i know what you mean..my dad is a mechanic for ryder truck rental..which is like 5 min away from my house were he works.. and if i need to i can always do something over there..but that means that i have to drive my truck there to do it lol..and be able to get it out of there by the end of the day or night when they arent working..so i cant really take a truck that needs floor work over there haha..only thing that sucks is i cant leave it there..although i might be able to..but it would have to go back outside when im not working on it during the day..like out in the back lot or something..but hell who cares its a heated shop!!

11. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Last year I built a 3 car 10 foot ceilings, shop air, a/c, and heat. Has a 2 car wide 8'6" roll up door. Seems to work rather well but when your building a truck from the ground up the body takes up one side and the frame the other /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. Heres an under construction pic:

[​IMG]

Can't seem to find any decent shots of it finished... Oh well, anyway it's 30 feet wide by 26 feet deep.

12. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Got a 22x22 attached to the house, and my shop is 24x36 with 16x8 front, and a 10x8 rear so I can drive thru...fully insulated w/9'ceilings, a 10x10 "office" with a 12k window unit (can cool the whole bldg ok)...really junked up since it's still a work in progress...but it's all mine..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

30'x70' with 16' ceilings. Heat and air and a second story. Building will hold 2 tractors, my dad's wood finishing equipment, my truck, two 1 ton farm trucks, a 30' long table, a 30 gallon air compressor, a PTO generator that runs off the tractor when those ANNOYING hurricanes come about, and whatever else we want to throw in there. But for some odd reason, I always work on my truck in the yard.

14. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

It's not the size of your garage that matters, it's how you use it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Me, I have 3 parking spaces at my apartment and a 10X10 storage space. Can't wait to buy a house!

15. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

30x120 with 14 foot ceilings. 6 stalls. You can see part of it in the background of my picture. I have the doors on it now and the rest of the siding. The big part on the right is my 24x30 shop area that has 18 foot ceilings.

[​IMG]

John

16. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

Its 60x77 with a 60' bifold door that opens to 19'. [​IMG] thats about half of the hanger.

17. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

I've got an 16 bay shop with two full size frame racks, four small lift/racks, two lifts, full air, heaters, AND a seperate paint shop with heat two booths and a cut in area. Oh yeah, thats where I work. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    I've got a two car garage with so much junk in it that i can't even walk thru it. The sad thing is I moved two months ago.

18. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

1 car garage for the tractor and lumber, 5 car attached garage with heat (cant get a feiro in there if I want too), 15' ceilings (holding 6 rolls of carpet to line the pond that we started 6 years ago), three welders (we dont have 240 in the garage though), air compressor (again no 240 rewired air compressor for 110), two sinks (both still in the kitchen cabinets neither plumbed), insulation(still in rolls in the RV Bay - Where my three bed room house is since I moved back home after college). ;->
    I work on the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif in the driveway, unlimited space for throwing parts that dont fit.
    <---- look at avitar this is one of the 2 garage doors

19. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Do I get the prize for laragest NON-Functional garage?

20. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

If we get the house, we'll have a six car garage around 25X65 or 70. It's meant to partially be a barn.