Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whwn Potato trucks go into the ditch...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Jun 14, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

... then that means free Potatoes.

[​IMG]
    As me and a couple others were rounding a corner just before our turn-off off the highway, I noticed a truck off the road in the ditch, with the trailer at a 45 degree angle laying against the bank with the drivers side tires off the ground.

When I drove past there later, the truck was already gone, but I saw a big pile of what I thought was large gravel/rocks. Then I noticed a mob of people showing up with coolers and boxes, grabbing from the pile. They were all potatoes.

So, I got me enough potatoes to last quite a while now.

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

My mom used to take me down 8th Street in Greeley, out by the airport... We'd park just off the road and watch the planes taking off and landing... and more importantly, waiting for the onion truck to drive by and drop a few so I could go pick up some free onions in the middle of the 45 mph road /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Thats a great story. Free potatoes /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

My dad, when we had a farm and he was alive, used to go drive down to where the grain trucks weighed. If they had to dump for being over loaded we got free grain.

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Like wheat grain? How much would he get? A few pounds?

6. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Better get that Spud gun out, and load er up. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

LISTEN! hear that, WHUMP! it's that damn jones kid, shootin' off that spud gun he made. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Feed grain for livestock, more like 50 gallons........ 300 pounds maybe?

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Thats alot of grain /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif