Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why are mechanics rigs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by POWERMAD, Mar 3, 2002.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

The last ones to get worked on. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    I finaly got around to fixing the distributor in mine.
    The advance has been stuck forever, gee 30 minutes and it is a done deal. LOL
    Next up is a header change, that one has been rotted out for about a year. LOL /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    I can bust ass on other peoples rigs but when it comes to my own I seem to put it off forever.

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Most of the mechanics I know drive piles of crap that barely get any attention ! My brother in law has a 57 Chevy that he does nothing with ! It's a shame too because we go to Iola car show every year and they keep telling him that if he doesn't do some improvements to it that he can't park it in the show car area and he never does ! It hasn't had a front bumper on it since he bought it like 12 years ago ! Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole front end the bumper !!! I'll see if I can scan a pic of it and you all can see ! Mechanics don't take care of their own vehicles ! Not all, just ones I know of.

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

4. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Now I remember why I don't do this kind of crap at the house.
    Simple header swap .. uh huh.
    3 headers later I find one that will fit with my set up. a 1956 bell housing. and of course the pipes are no where even close.
    gonna have to cut the exhaust out and drive it to my buddys that has a torch so I can hot it up and get it all to fit.
    No sweat it is only a 20 mile drive with an open header up one 2 mile 8% grade and another 1 mile 6% grade.
    Hmm I wonder how many times I will be pulled over for this one?
    No carpet just a bare floor, damn where did I put those ear plugs.

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Good greif man that ride is in alot better shape than mine. LOL

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I'm glad I dont work as a mechanc any more. I get a lot of pleasure from working on my own truck. When I was turning wrenches my rigs didn't get a lot of attention except for maintience.
    But now I am doing building maintaince and my house is falling apart /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

7. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Hey now Riz... I'm not a full blow master tech, am certifed and work in the field... I have to say I take offense to that. My Blazer is my only ride and it is not a piece of crap, It it f#@%'n piece of $#@! pain in da @$$ LMAO /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif. Hard to tell on the 57, but doen't look that awful. But a front bumper would be a plus

8. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I hear ya Thunder... that is why I'm back in school to get out of the field. Tired of owing half my check to snap-on, everyone under the sun asking for side work and "gimmie a deal" even if I just met them, and then yes you get burned out a bit.

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

My buddy that's a Heep/Subaru dealer b-tech always says "Never buy a mechanics car; buy a mechanics wife's car"...

10. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

That is just like my garage door. I work on them all day, but I have the lowest grade, piece of crap door on the street. My father was a mechanic and used to say,"The only car that runs worst that a mechanic's car, is his wife's car!!"

11. BrianK5

BrianK5 Registered Member

Tell your're brother in law to put a straight axle and fender dump headers on that '57 and make it look like an old gasser!

12. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Settle down, Mikey ! LOL ! I'm just talking about a few of the guys I know ........The pictures of the 57 aren't really a good representation of it ..... it's not in very good shape for having it for around 12 years ........ he puts very little time or money into it .. I think it's a shame !

13. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I work as a computer tech... my home computer doesn't shutdown properly, and hangs a lot... it prolly wouldn't take much to fix it, but when I get home, it pisses me the hell off, and I'm dead tired of dealing with `puters, so mine just gets ignored.

-Rich

14. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I think that's the whole thing behind it ........ sick of working on them after a day of it.

15. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I mow lawns, and always do a real half assed job on mine cause I'm tired and don't get paid for it.

16. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I've driven some ruff rides in my day, really really ruff.

Um... u'r all my buddys right? So I can tell ya' this and be arr-right, right?

Had a car with non-power asist 4-wheel drums. It had a bad master cyl. So, I clipped off the rear brake-line to give me some pedal. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

By-the-way. My heaters still blowing through the A.C. condencer on my beater Blazer./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I told ya' they were ruff....

To save some grace, My clean rides are VERY clean and mantained to the T.