Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

why are people so stupid???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Oct 18, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Last night I went to our Rec center- which is basically open June-Sept, outdoor pool, bball courts, tennis courts, playground, little league field, sledding hill, ski hill with rope tow, and the lovely Skatepark....

I was only there to check the auto timer on the basketball court lights since I had changed it to come on at 6pm instead of 7pm since its dark here earlier. The only reason we put the lights on is to cut down on vandalism- with huge stadium lights, they are less likely to smash stuff.

So there is one of our Rec Dept soccer teams taking team pictures..in the little grassy area right next to the skate park- the skate park which has been a nightmare this summer...to the point of it being closed down for the last 6 weeks of season...

We opened it back up at the end of our season, so they woudn't damage the barriers, the gates etc.. anyway-
    the signs are STILL up,, NO BIKES, HELMETS REQUIRED.

so I'm waiting for the lights to come on, and this little girl- must have been about 4, was on a scooter- her older brother was getting picture taken...there was about 5 kids with boards in the park- okay they all had helmets on etc... I walk over, to the mom who is standing within touching distance to the LARGE sign that states the 2 major rules...and I say, excuse me, she really should not be in there with her scooter, the bigger kids are using there skateboards, and she doesn't have proper safety equipment on...the wonderful caring mother turns to me and says "mind your own business b*tch."..

so being that I've been working 16-18 hour days lately on the rec budget, programs and trying to come up with a way to keep the skatepark open next year, I politely reply..

" I happen to be the Asst Rec Director of this facility, and the reason I was telling you this, is because if your daughter should get hurt, while using this equipment without required gear, and with a scooter, which the signs states no bikes, the town is not liable for any injuries your daughter may recieve..."

I was not done, but you see the little girl started screaming........

she had crashed her scooter, luckily only got scraped on her knee and elbow...I ran over to her, as the mother was slowing draggin a** and made sure she was okay, ran across the facility, back to my car, got my keys to the building up a flight of stairs to find what we had if anything left for the first-aide kits..luckily we did...I put on my gloves, start cleaning up the kids scrapes, get them bandaged, toss the bio hazard stuff in the red bag, run over to my car, grab an incident report from my briefcase (luckily I just revamped it that day, and had copies)...and ask the mother to please sign the report, so it can be on our file.

Lady says to me.

Im not signing nothing..... and walks off-

NOT A THANK YOU NOT nothing.... I can't wait till next summer because I can tell this lady is going to be a PIA,,the poor little girl got injuries, though minor- because the mother was a freakin idiot.

I finished filling out the paperwork, and went down to the Police Station, where they keep a file of every accident/injury, because we are a town facility, as are they...they couldn't believe she wouldn't sign it..the only thing I got was the little girls name- luckily the soccer coach called me later and gave me the last name, and I do have the info on file at the Rec Office,...but man, how come stupid people can breed?

sorry had to rant

Brandy

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Should of stomped a mudhole in her

3. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

ya, people are like that sometimes /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif i hate my neighbors who dont make thier kids wear that stuff, i do! my 8 year old just got a free lunch coupon for subway from a firetruck when they saw him wearing his helmet /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

It seems the stupid people breed more than their share. Flip the channel to one of these Jerry Springer type shows and look at them sometime. Just looking at the AUDIENCE gives me the creeps! Throw all of 'em in a giant blender and you would end up with a mix that was 15% brain and 85% fat and ignorance. I think the GENE POOL needs a new FILTER!! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

CPA ????