Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why can't I ever do anything illegal?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Dec 17, 2002.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Why can\'t I ever do anything illegal?

I have a car trailer at a friend's house that we are going to re-do the bed on. Right now it's a stripped, bare frame. He needs the room, so I told him I'd bring it home for a week or so. I figure, 12 blocks; I can sneak it home like it is.

So I'm over there airing up a low tire, and a cop drives by slowly, then pulls over and parks a block and a half down, and sits and waits. My trailer is a 24' long skeleten frame with no lights and no license plate (accidentally got hauled away with the scrap from the old bed). And on top of that, I left the registration at home.

Of course I'm not gonna try to tow it away with him waiting there. So I drive off and come home, grab another truck, and drive over, and he's still there.

Why is it when I just need to do some simple stupid thing like this that wont harm anyone, that I can't. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Re: Why can\'t I ever do anything illegal?

Some people can't buy a break /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well at least this time there wasent any chicks involved with this.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Pick it up in the middle of the night and take the least travelled route home... /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. mountainexplorer

Well, I finally got the piece of crap drug home. I waited till a friend got home, then had him follow me as I towed it here on backstreets just before dark.

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Don't know about Washington but in CA all you have to do is get a temporary permit to move it. Costs ten bucks. With nothing on the trailer you don't even need lights cuz people can see the ones on your truck... Please keep in mind that NOTHING is legal ANYWHERE. (unless you pay) /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. mountainexplorer

Trip permits used to be $10 here, but now they are $15...actually more like $18 something with the "subagent" fees. Not worth it to just move it less than 15 blocks.

It is licensed, I just dont have the plate on it. I can't wait to get a decent bed on it and be able to use my own car trailer. Last time I used it, it was more of a road hazard than a trailer. I'm amazed I never got pulled over before.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

So I guess I shouldn't tell you about the time I towed a trailer 900 miles across 5 states without lights, at night eh?

9. landsmasher

Tell us!

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Now I know you really don't want to read the story.

11. landsmasher

Actually I thought it would be an interesting one because I had a friend that used to get away with the most outlandish stunts on the road and I could never figure out how he did them without getting caught and thrown in jail. I mean he did some stuff that would make your drivers license curl...

One example. He brought a 70 foot sail boat mast down here from SF to Riverside on a full size ford van with nothing more than a ten foot trailer behind him. It was tied to the van and the trailer. He made it without a ticket. Many more too numerous and just as wierd to mention. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

12. mountainexplorer

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I towed it 900 miles, no lights on it and let me see, about 700 miles of it was during the night. Only saw one cop, outside of Atlanta and he was running to a wreck. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. mountainexplorer

What kind of trailer was it? Car trailer?

15. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

that seems like it'd be dangerous... If you get someone who's not really paying attention they might think they have room to get behind you on the highway to go around someone and take your trailer out... Or you could get rear ended... Trailers should have lights if yer gonna use em at night... or at least some mega-reflection...

16. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I had a friend that used to get away with the most outlandish stunts on the road and I could never figure out how he did them without getting caught and thrown in jail. I mean he did some stuff that would make your drivers license curl...

[/ QUOTE ] Oh my God.....you are talking about me!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I see all my high school buddies and they all say the same thing "Holy $%^&amp;, I can't believe that you are a cop /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif!!" I guess that helped me to be the good cop that I am.......I can relate to what they are going through.

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Is there anything else you would like to tell me that I already know? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif