Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WHY can't I find a d*mn truck?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Aug 31, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

WHY can\'t I find a d*mn truck?

UUGGHHH as most of you know, I've been searching for a Suburban for about 4 months now, well, low and behold, I found 1-

1999 2500 7.4 litre SLT - EVERY option known to man, the thing has 76,000 miles, so I'm thinking okay, we can work this one, should be only about 19-20K...pull into dealership, idiot comes out oh I mean sales man, and proceeds to tell me how great this truck is, fully loaded 454 etc.. yeah yeah, I know already...he says, wanna take it for a ride, well, no sir, what are you asking..... why dont you take it for a ride first, well, cause idiot, if your price isn't right, I'm not even going to get in it, etc.. he proceeds to tell me AGAIN how great this truck is, needs nothing etc... yada yada yada, then says we're asking "28999" for it, so I say EXCUSE ME? he says it again, 28999.... I just about fell over, so I said, wow, I was expecting more in the VERY low 20K's, well, you know he says, it has the 454, must have said that 10000000 times....I said, I understand that, however its got almost 80K miles on it, well, these 454's go for 300K plus, no problem etc...

so I say,. " well, unfortunelty, I already have a $700 truck payment, I'd prefer not to have 2 of them"...his reply.....

"Why don't you trade that 8.1 in for this" /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

YOU FREAKING idiot, the truck was RIGHT next to us, the DURAMAX emblem was 5 feet from his face,.. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif .

I turn around and say "well, if I HAD an 8.1 maybe I would"... get in my truck and leave. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

(btw, this was a CHEVROLET dealership)

WHY OH WHY can't I find a damn truck? I'm not asking for much, just NO REAR BARN DOORS..... and REAR A/C - HEAT,,,that's it, I don't care if it's a 94- or a 99, just has to have those 2 options, 454. 350, I don't care, leather, cloth, means nothing to me.... UUGHHH

Sorry, just had to rant.

Brandy

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Re: WHY can\'t I find a d*mn truck?

Go back and play the game with them.... they'll come down to your price. I had a guy once who wanted to sell an Exploder to me. He started at $16,000. By the time I threw up my hands to leave as we were walking out he lowered it to $14,500. As I was driving off he was trying to hold onto my window to get me to stay and was yelling "I can do $12,000 we can deal, we can deal..." Sure he could have. Then I'd played the game where they don't make up on the price in financing.... stupid dealerships.... I might have bought it if he didn't act like a desperate psycho when I was leaving. But hit them today, last day of the month this evening. It's Labor Day too. I bet you can get them down a whole lot.... this is the time to move out the old, and a time for you to work a deal... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Hey at least you showed him whos boss. Its really sad when dealerships hire people who know nothing about what they are selling.

Hang in there, you will find the truck you want. Its out there just watiing for you to find it. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

An old room-mate was a car salesman, he let me in on a dirty secret. They only get paid minimum wage, plus commssion. 25% of any profit made on the sale. The more talk the guy down the less he gets paid. They do get a little desperate at times because of this.

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Maybe you shouldn't be so picky. Maybe the guy had a long day and just didn't notice the DURAMAX emblem. BTW just cause they sell cars don't make them experts on every detail, it's just a job for most of them. And no they don't give Suburbans away for free especially with every option known to man.

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Corey,

Maybe I was just being really bitchy when I made this post, I don't know, maybe you misread the post.

The guy worked at a CHEVROLET dealership- Chevrolet sells DURAMAX's...on my door, above the 2500HD emblem is a DURAMAX emblem- you can't miss the damn thing...we were standing right next to it, it was also running, course its not as loud as a PS or a Cummins, but its still louder than a gas engine.

As for being picky- your DAMN right I am being picky, I'm going to be driving this truck.... I put an average of 45K miles per year on my rig, John puts abuot 70K on his,,,,, we spend A LOT of time in our rigs....

and no they don't give suburban's away- but when your priced 7,000 bucks over what the truck is worth, and try to justify it with a 454 it doesn't work for me, you may be able to blow smoke up some other "woman" ass as a car salesman but it's not going to work with me. the 454 was NOT a $7,000 option when the truck was made, and it sure as hell isn't going to be now, when the truck's 3 years old.

I called the dealership Saturday, and spoke with the GM, he has said he's willing to have the salesman work a deal with me, however when I explained to him that I am not going to pay anywhere near what they are asking, he seemed to be unwilling to bend.

A Tech at this dealership who John knows told him the trucks been on the lot for almost 4 months, well HELLO- don't you know by now why? I'd like to know how many others have looked at it and walked away once they saw the price. Must be enough stupid people are paying MSRP on new trucks at this dealership, so they don't need to sell the used ones.

Brandy

7. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

If I find you a suburban can I have the Duramax? LOL I dont think I would need anything else with just that. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

It took me over a year to find the right one. I was picky too becuase it needed to be the exact right one. It did take a very long time but in the end the wait was worth it. Im sure it will be the same for you. You will find one and the wait will be worth it for you too.

8. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

You should be able to find a Kelley Blue Book somewhere, (Try a book store.) and take it w/ you. Call a bank or 2 and ask them what the loan value and all that is on THAT rig. If you take #s to them that they cant argue with, MAYBE they will come down. Also tell them youve noticed the thing sitting there for months,(Leave your buddy out of it.) and have called about it. You finally stopped in hoping they had come down to reality. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Have you tried doing an online search ???? Maybe something like Auto Finders.

10. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I've been checking autotrader.com which a lot of dealerships in this area use, the only probem is that it's not updated all to often. 1 in particular has been on the list for months, and it was sold 9 weeks ago. I only know that because I know who bought it...

I'm still searching, someday my ship will come in.

and no you can't have my duramax, even if you bought me the suburban!

Brandy

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

ahem, well, *clearing throat*, yes, um...

Happen to be visiting a mailbox very soon, will send then...

12. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

LOL...I had forgotten you had offered to send me the ads ! I have had such sh*tty luck, I even called on 4 of them in the PA autotrader's that Donna gave me at the UCP...was going to drive back down and pick one up! To no avail! All have the dreaded barn doors.....

Brandy