Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why can't the US do this? Article about airline security

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TrcksR4ME, Oct 30, 2002.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

2. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

Re: Why can\'t the US do this? Article about airline security

I have a better idea... lets teach our children to not be chicken sh!ts. If there are two or three terrorists on a plane trying to take it over. There are 100 more people who want to make it home in one piece.... seems to me like you should be landing with two or three dead bodies. Instead we teach our children that the police will protect them, even though the supreme court ruled that the police owe us no protection.... get it..

I think most Americans have fogotten what it means to stand up for themselves and fight for what is right.

edited cus I kant spel or tipe

3. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

That is true. I think its a combination of things. The crap they do at airports should be effective, and people should stand up to the "bad guys".

If they are gonna screen us though, they should do it well. Should not be a waste of time done by people who get paid crap and could care less when it comes down to it.

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Sadly, that CNN article was written 15 days after 9/11, and of course our spinless jellyfish leaders of the airlines and the FAA only implemented 'random searches'. I fly fairly regularly in my job and I can't tell you how sick it makes me to see a 60 year old grandma get pulled out of line to be checked, just to be politically correct. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif What a fawkin' joke.......

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I have read other stories on this airlines security, it is quite awesome. They take the corner slot at the airport for ticket/baggage check because it is the most defendable in a fight. They pay their personel decent wages. They ask you things like where'd you drive in from today, how was the weather-because they get briefed on weather n stuff like that to see who is making up stories and lying, etc. They notify security personel on airplanes of suspicious passengers. The pilots are behind bullet proof doors. They have not had a hijacking in like 30+ years!

Goes on and on.

I hate this random crap here. It does not identify legitimate suspicous type people, and it just shows that the security personnel do not care about what they are doing!

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I've caughten a little bit about Israeli airline security, and of course read a little on security in the country and I like their ideas.

I think the major problem with implementing this stuff here in a America is (forget the spinless bleeding hearts, that's a given) that the citizens are not use to seeing people of this category (automatic weapon toting security personnel) in normal daily life and therefore, most people don't understand the fact that a person doesn't take a knife to a gunfight.