Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why did I buy a Ford?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Jun 25, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

So my $100 economy '84 Tempo makes me hold up traffic for two light cycles today at a stop light at a busy intersection, making us have to push it through on the 3rd green light and using lunch break not to eat but get the car back to work. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

So much for my plan of cheap transportation. I guess I shoulda known better, buying a Ford and all. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Shuda knewed bedder then too by a $100 care.

Maybe if you spend more than $100 on a car, it won't let you down... but yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Ford cars, just trucks /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. mountainexplorer

Well, the $150 '85 Tempo I had two years ago ran flawlessly. Must be the $50 value difference in quality.

I'm thinking of running an ad: 4 Good tires and aluminum rims for '84 Ford Tempo, $100. Comes with whole car. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

DUDE!!! That'd be pimp... or you could just fix the damn thing and set up some rally cross races to go along with mud races /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

And don't forget my frame...

5. mountainexplorer

Some friends already recommended using it for that (jumping it like we did a '78 Volare I had). But I don't want to lose any money on it, and I was hoping to get some use out of it and make a few bucks on resale, without sinking a bunch of time/money into it.

Somehow, the previous owner dumped nearly $1500 into this car, and it runs like... well, you know.

Frames are still everywhere. You should really get one of them one of these days.

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

$1500 my ass... You could probably rebuild that entire car for that much /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I'll be out there someday... Don't know WHEN, but it'll happen /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. mountainexplorer

[ QUOTE ]
    $1500 my ass... You could probably rebuild that entire car for that much

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just what they "said". The car does have good tires, and brakes. I'd go on, but that's about the extent of the list of things that I can see as "good" on the car. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

But the body isn't that bad and its got a little fiberglass spoiler dealie on the trunk lid. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Well, there ya go... $200 for a set of really nice 10" tires or whatever size those cars use... $100 for high end brake pads installed at a shop... $800 for the wing... $400 for gas that he put in as needed...

I suppose it could add up to $1500... I'm using high estimates on the tires though, I don't pay attention to tire prices for sizes under 31"...

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

If you like cheap crappy cars like i do,try out an 86 buick century (wasnt even turn of the centry in 86) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif But weve been trying to kill that car for years now and it wont die.I would reccomend getting one,they have 4 cylinder engines,and cush wannabe cadillac interior,all for under 500 bucks .the one we have is LIMA BEEN GREEN .now that we cant destroy it,we decided to fix it up a little. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, the $150 '85 Tempo I had two years ago ran flawlessly. Must be the $50 value difference in quality.

I'm thinking of running an ad: 4 Good tires and aluminum rims for '84 Ford Tempo, $100. Comes with whole car. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Don't you know?

95% of all ford's are still on the road?

Only 5% made it home.

GM Man!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif