Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why do car thief's want to steal my truck soooos damn bad!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1-ton, Mar 8, 2005.

1. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Why do car thief's want to steal my truck soooo damn bad!

[​IMG]

My truck keeps getting broke into and torn up by thief's trying to steal it every few days. Nobody else in my neighborhood car is getting broke in to...only mine (and their cars would be 10 times easier to steal). Is my truck that desirable that thief's would keep trying night after night to get it?

Last night a thief completely tore up my column collar lock trying to steal it. They must have been at it for 15 to 20 minutes to tear up a heavy piece of steel like that, but they still where not able to get it. About a month ago they bent up my brake peddle trying to get that lock off, and my steering wheel was bent to hell a month before that trying to get that lock off. Both door locks have been ripped out of the doors, and some of my dash wiring has been mutilated twice by thief's. These people must really, really, really want my truck bad!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Time to look into an Alarm, video surveilence, motion lighting/notification and possibly a police stakeout!!! Oh, and a nice 12 ga shotgun by the door! :)

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I didn't get to meet you while I was out there but I would hate to live there. I swear I heard some type of siren (police, fire ambulance) almost 24/7. Vegas is the city that never sleeps and apparently the thieves are some of those that don't. I would have to hide out for a few nights hoping to catch/mame/kill the guy...but that's just me

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I agree with Mike. It sounds like the couple hundred dollars you'll spend on an alarm would be well worth the piece of mind you'd gain from knowing your baby is protected.

6. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Move to Va. I get nervous if I dont hear a siren several times a night. But, lucky for me the locals don't like big ugly trucks with small wheels :D

I'd invest in a car alarm personally, but, if someone really wanted to steal somethin, a car alarm will only slow down the amount of time they spend in yer vehicle.

7. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I'd get a kill switch / alarm combo. Are you sure somebody isn't after you personally? They're going through an awful lot of trouble, and they run a good risk of getting caught by coming back so much. Either they really want that truck, or they get off on ruining your day.

Tom.

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Its simply , being close to Mexico , four wheeling popularity , and parts prices so high . We have very wanted stuff . Maybe they want the front end and the 8 lug stuff .

These are the same thieving $%^%&& -oles that would strip a truck stuck on a trail .

Get a dog , get a gun , get an alarm , pull right up to your door in your front yard :k5: :k5:

9. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

My buddy has 24hr video/voice on his driveway, somethin to consider

10. 1-ton

I have never been a big fan of alarms. I have only had two trucks, which had alarms, and both alarms caused electrical problems on both vehicles. I do not think it is anybody trying to personally mess with me because they are only damaging things that secure the truck. I think my truck is getting broke into by many different thieves, and not just one or two because each style of break in has a different "MO". Las Vegas is being overrun with thugs, derelicts, and drug addicts, and they are picking this city clean to the bone trying to get money for drugs, gambling, alcohol, and sex. Anybody that has anything nice in this town usually has several dozen thugs (taking a number and standing inline) trying to get at their property.

11. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Heck, if they are trying that much, I'd be thinking of changing the security stuff every so often. If I tried to steal the same vehicle that many times (assuming its the same thief or thieves) I'd eventually come back with the right tools to remove whatever security devices you have.

I'd probably start doing things like switching plug wires, pulling ECM fuse (or putting bad fuse in its place) and so on.

Almost would make me want to leave the doors unlocked, but if they can't get a truck open without tearing the doors up, they probably won't be any kinder on the interior.

I hate thieves.

12. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

Its worked for me so far. Intimidation. Shes kind as can be till you start messin around my house.lol

[​IMG]

13. 1-ton

I think this is exactly what it is. Mexicans trying to get my truck, so they can take it across the border and sell it. That is why auto theft is so high in the South Western United States because of Mexicans. The most desirable vehicles in Mexico are 4X4 trucks. Mine would bring a lot of Pesos down in Mexico.

my truck in parts is not worth that much money. The only parts that are worth any money on my truck are the Dana-60 differeantial, and the NP205 transfer case. The rest of the parts on my truck are a "dime a dozen", and somewhat worthless because of this, but the truck as a whole the is worth a lot money; yet it would be too risky to sell it as a whole truck in America, which is why it would be taken across the border to Mexico where nobody gives a f*ck about the law (including their very corrupt Government).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  14. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i would definitely invest the hr to put in a kill switch.. they f*ck it up, your annoyed.. they take it, your heartbroken... :mad:

i would also consider some survelience... or the Rottie if you have a yard. :D

15. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

I'd sit patiently waiting to snipe the next bastard who messed with my rig.

Any future plans for a garage? Shop?

16. 1-ton

The truck also has a hidden key switch for the ignition (along with all the other column collor lock, brake peddle lock, and steering wheel lock).

17. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

it sucks tht you have to go thru all that because of thieves. i have no doors or top on my truck, and a push button ignition, and no lock boxes anywhere, and i dont even worry about it getting robbed. the only thing people want around here are sterios and big blingin rims. and i dont have either.

18. fatbob

fatbob 1/2 ton status

19. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Security!!!

Alarms only annoy the neighbors--nobody pays any attention to them anymore--in my area the only time anyone calls the cops about a car alarm is if its keeping them awake--and that is usually after 15-20 minites,plus another 10 at least for the cops to show up--by then the theives are halfway into the next state..

I'd be camping out in the back of the truck with a 12 gauge and plenty of shells--once one shell is fired at a theif I bet the word will spread fast--and your truck will be unmolested after that--I know this is illegal,but so is breaking and entering,and grand theft auto--too bad there is not enough police to deal with the amount of crime there--its not much better here either,they only come to take reports of what gets stolen,prevention isnt their first priority--and even if they catch the crooks they are back on the streets in a few days 90% of the time anyway...

A big doberman like one poster pictured would be a deterrent,as would a german shepard or rotwilder!!--but they eat a lot,and the dog poop in the truck might affect resale value:blush: ---maybe a garage with a deadbolt would help..if any are available in your area...:confused:

This is one reason I havent moved out of where I'm living now--I have a garage,and though lots of cars get broken into in my neighborhood,most of the ones that get broken into are the brand new ones on the highway in front of my house --we have over a dozen huge new car dealerships right in my front yard,with 3 more going in this spring--they call it "the automile"--between them and a "Super" Wal-Mart a half mile away,our once blissfully quiet and crime free neighborhood has turned into a criminals paradise-about once a week a car gets stolen,or radios and rims are stripped right in the dealers lots....one stolen car was used as a getaway car in a bank robbery,and burned in the woods not far from here(about the last wooded area left here,a state park..)

-all the crack and heroin addicts go to Wal-Mart to shoplift to support their drug habits,break into cars and steal them from the parking lots(they often prey on the elderly too,snatching purses and their cars,knowing they cant chase them or move quickly--F'n scumbags--)--our town sweeps the crime under the rugs by not publishing all the arrests in the police blotter,the cops I know tell me the real story--it appears to be a nice quiet suburban town on the surface--but it draws theives from several larger cities,and our town has 5 major highways for escape routes,and trains to boston arent far away--the crooks come here because they know our small police force lacks the manpower and equipment to deal with them all--so many times they get away clean..it wont be long before its as bad as big cities like boston here...A lot of people are moving in here and buying 300-500,000 dollar homes or building them,thinking "its so much nicer than boston"--yeah,it WAS until boston moved here!--

I dont have any easy answers for you--when I lived 70 miles north of here my K5 got broken into twice,once the doors were stolen right in front of my apartment during a snowstorm--I think I slept good two whole nights the 5 years I lived there after that..I couldnt wait to move back home to my parents house where crime used to be rare--it aint anymore,but luckily for me the theives want new high dollar stuff--my old GM trucks arent much of a high theft risk compared to all the PT Cruisers,Hemi Jeeps,100,000 dollar motor homes and all the easy pickins at Wal-Mart--but I wont be shocked if one of mine gets molested--I pity the guy if I catch him...I'd probably get life without parole..:crazy:

20. flatline

flatline 1/2 ton status

call the police and let them know what is happening, I would invest in a paging alarm system that pages you silently when it goes off instead of a siren!

catch them red handed and beat the shiznit outta them! :xmas: homey the clown style! but with rocks