Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why do doctors have to screw up everything good?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k20, Apr 3, 2006.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

2. Rhinopkc

Rhinopkc 1/2 ton status

"A compound formed when meat is charred at high temperatures -- as in barbecue -- encourages the growth of prostate cancer in rats, researchers reported on Sunday."

I'm safe, I'm not a rat. It clearly states that BBQ encourages growth of prostate cancer in rats. Until they can show the same results in humans, there is no way in hell some pointy-headed researcher is prying a charred chunk of flesh out my hands!!! Remember when they said "don't eat eggs" then a few years later they said "well, eggs weren't as bad as we thought, go ahead and eat them again." ?

3. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Just don't char your burgers... The rarer the better... Still mooing is prefered...

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Beause were not all maried and you single guys would get away with everything.

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

my wife read that.PPSSSSS who cares.we all gotta die of something.and half cooked meat is still OK.:bow: :laugh:

6. gauder

gauder Banned

If one thing doesn't kill you, another will. I'd rather live to 75 and enjoyed every minute of it than 150 bland years.

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

cant wait til Cam reads this. :doah:

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Not trying to rile anyone up, but properly BBQ'ed meat should not have char on it:shame: . Charred is burned, a "bark" on the outside is caused by heat, smoke, proteins and sugars, proper Q has a bark; it is not burned.:deal:

So all you BBQ rookies, treat your meat with respect, bark it don't burn it.:D

And grilled is much different than BBQ, but I wouldn't expect scientists to get that. But seared and charred are also worlds apart, seared good charred yucky, who likes burnt meat anyway?