Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why do people have no pride............

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by skyyk5, Mar 17, 2007.

1. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Why do people have no pride in their work? All that had to be done at work today was, to clear the sidewalks of snow. 99.9% of the time I'm the only one that does it! So the other three maint. Guys came out to "help". I ran the snowblower, then went to clean up the mess that was left. They took an hour to clean up two little sets os steps. The only snow that was moved was were they had been leaning on the shovels. They just tossed two bags of ice melt down. So I had to spend an hour and a half, cleaning it over again.

It's like this all the time. I get called to every breakdown, and get put in charge of every project!:eek1: They say that they don't know electrical. But they can wire up fans to blow on them! When I ask what the F*ck they do all day, all I get is "well they came from a union shop". I don't care were they came from! I earn my pay, they should too.

All I hear is that they can't weld, do electrical, machine, or know how to rig. So get rid of them! Give me their pay, ontop of mine, and I'll be happy. They call me the "Kid". But all I ever hear is "Trevor could you Fix this....and that....and this". Because no one else knows how. They all worked double the years I've lived, and I'm the only one that knows how to fix stuff?:mad:

My plant moved from Baltimore, I placed, setup, fixed and updated every machine myself. And people want to know why I'm tired! You have to earn your pay!

Sorry, been building up. Needed a rant! Feel free to pad. Carry on.

2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Why should they?

They have someone who cares (that's you) that will do the work of three! I call them the bottomfeeders of the work industry. They ride the backs of people like you and still get the same paycheck :mad: .

I have people that do the same thing where I work. And when it comes time for peer review, they wonder why they got a sh*tty review!

If the leadership knows aboot this and little or nothings been done, don't rack your brain aboot it. Just keep on doing an excellent job and those others will ultimately hang themselves (jobwise).

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

That's kind of where I'm at right now. Keep my head down, and worry about MY work, not THEIRS. Frustrating, but I just keep in mind that I don't have to worry about being caught slacking off. :D

4. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Man, I feel ya. I worked my balls off for years getting every qualification I could and repairing anything and everything in my shop and didnt get squat. They tell me that at some point it will catch up to me. I keep waiting.

One thing I have learned.....Dont kiss ass, but let it be known what all you do. Be sure your superiors know what you do. Dont brag, but let them know the work that YOU have done.

5. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

They know what I do. Since I don't take breaks, I get an hour and half lunch (reg. 1/2 hour). And they powdercoated my whole plowframe, and anything else I want. They also gave me all the metal for my flatbed, and payed a welder to help me for 6 hours to build it. The only problem is, I can't walk when I get home! And I get called in all hours!

6. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

And I DO NOT kiss A$$! I show what I'm worth, I don't need to kiss a$$!

I know you weren't saying I did.:D I just hate people that need to kiss up to get ahead!

7. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Definitely werent saying you do or would kiss A$$. Just sick of the a-holes that do getting ahead. I have learned to play the stupid political game and at least let people know who is doing the work, NOT just that it is getting done.

Some day, it will catch up to them.

8. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Preach on Brother!:bow:

9. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

I bet if your supervisor was an ultra hot babe and was bent over in front of you with a serious 'fock me' look, you would :D :thinking: !!

Am I right :p: ??!!

10. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Well :eek1: At this time.......As long as she was OK, it would do. Or I would do. Or.....:haha: I would have to "prove my worth".:D

You think real Penthouse, I like it.

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

like i said the other night when we talked. my boss tells me "we have to rely on our good people"well get rid of the BAD people!!!!if they suck,****can them.and that union mentality is why the auto industry is leaving the country.$30.00 an hour to sit in a recliner and put a bolt in a hole fading fast.i say fook em. the bastards need to lose their job, they have miked it long enough.

12. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I laid a guy off recently 'cause his work was ugly. Well, that was actually the last straw, I'd lay him out and give him an apprentice, and he would tell the apprentice to slow down, and his work looked like ass. On top of it all, he wasn't teaching the apprentice anything. When the call came down from up top that we had to reduce the workforce, he got picked. The quality of our work is our calling card, and sets us apart from the non-union hacks. "Close enough" isnt good enough. Folks are paying for quality, and it's our job to give it to them, and to train our future sparkys to put out the same good quality. It's a shame how many Journeymen I work with who were taught "just get it in". They spend a lot of time waiting for work.