Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why do people have to be so outrageous with truck prices?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by sled_dog, Mar 18, 2007.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Found a 95 Burb yesterday. Looked really clean, but I am certain there is something going on mechanically. All 4 tires are damn near bald, and I saw some oil stains on the rf outer side of the framerail. I could not climb under it due to the snow. Its a 6.5L, with a 14 bolt Semi Floater, so to me that means it did not come factory with a plow package. But it has the newer style grille and interior so those are pluses. What are they asking? $9500 :eek1: KBB says $6500 in excellent condition for the year, mileage, and figuring on it having ALL the options.

What are some people smoking?

2. 54inches

54inches 1/2 ton status

The sad thing is some azzhat will pay that.

OHHHH look at me I have a diesel, these are rare!

3. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

IMO, KBB can be a joke, I have sold quite a few cars, and when I am getting ready to sell one, I look in the paper and such to see what they are running. An older vehicle, KBB is worthless, it would probably say all our trucks/k5's are worth $500. KBB, IMO, is just for newer vehicles, If KBB say's something is worth $1000, and there are a ton selling for $3000, then it is worth more. Now, THIS IS MY OPINION, if you disagree, that is fine, but no bashing my OPINION. thanks.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I agree with that. But when I could go buy a loaded 99 extended cab dually, diesel 3500, for $1000 more. The surburban is WAY overpriced.

5. 01maroonz71

01maroonz71 1/2 ton status

good point, i agree with what jason said also. some people are just window lickers, thinkin they're gonna get so much for some vehicles. owell.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

The best is the people who make repairs and expect that the cost of the repairs should be added to the value of the truck and that is the value of the truck.

Most commonly you see this when someone just put in a rebuilt engine or transmission. Sure a new engine or trans bumps up the value of the truck. So if the value of the truck was 6k, now its 6500 or 6800 with a new engine. But these douche bags always figure, "Well the value before the engine blew up was 6,000, the engine cost me 3,000, so now the truck is worth 9,000!"

Lets see, you had a 6,000 dollar truck, then the engine blew up, so guess what, now its a 2 or 3,000 dollar truck. Add in the new engine. Back to a 6,000 dollar truck.

7. Jrgunn5150

Jrgunn5150 1/2 ton status

Funny, I'm having the opposite problem, my 87 is for sale, new motor, TCI transmission, all the receipts, rebuilt transfer case, and I can't get 2500 for it, because it isn't pretty. I ain't giving it away thats for damn sure.