Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

why do we hate f*rds ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by amm888, Sep 8, 2002.

1. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

hey guys and gals, i'm new at this - just got my first chevy a few months ago...and i'm perfectly willing to start hating f*rds and all, but i was just wondering why? is there actually some reason...or just cuz they ain't chevys?

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I don't hate Fords. I actually like them. But I perfer Chevy as far as just overall things you can do with them and to them. Not to mention for me, someone who doesn't know much about wrenching looking at my Blazers engine compared to a Bronco was much easier. The Bronco engine just looked like it was a lot more wrenching work to me... but maybe it's not? But anyhow I like anything built well and built right.... but as far as owning something, only old Chevy for me. Newer stuff I am open to about anything... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

I actually hate imports!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
    I actually own a Ford that I'm building a 400 horse 351W for. I like Fords cauze aroung here everybody is a Chevy guy. There is nothing funner than beating a Chevy in a Ford. My next car is probably gonna be a stang cause I'll have a 5.0 laying around when I'm done with my Crown Vic. I like my Chevy is cause it's cheaper to fix up.
    And I don't want to hear any jokes about Fords breaking done cause my blazer has broken down and has cost more to fix in the last month and a half than my Ford has in the last year.

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    There is nothing funner than beating a Chevy in a Ford.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah its friggin hilarious.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I ran a shop in Omaha, Ne. for years befor I moved up here to the Black Hills. We seen more Furd motor products in the shop for mecanical failure then any other make of vichiles. Do you want to build up your truck ??? With a Chevy, you can build more power for less $$$. There are more aftermarket parts for the small block Chevy. Alot of parts are exchangable on the SBC's. I personally belive that the Chevy will stand up to more pounding then the Furd will. Stop by a Furd dealership, and take a look at what most of thier mecanics are driving. Makes one wonder when most of them own Chevys. Just something to think about. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I don't hate the Ford Motor Company.
    I just know better-

Ford - Three (or is it Four) 351 engines.
    You can interchange parts between the batch, I think you can use a M-motor cyls heads on a Cleveland, but not on a Windsor, as long as you use the Windsor cam. Or maybe thats the other way around, Cleaveland heads on a Windsor as long as the Modified fireing order is used (up to '78, after that, you have to use a Moduler cam).... No, no, thats not it.... On pre '85 Windsor motors, the Modified heads will fit as long as you use the Cleveland intake and Modualar cam..... (you get the idea)

Chevy - One engine thats been used for over 40-sumthin' years, and has remaind (mostly) un-changed. You can bolt on a a complete TPI system, cyl heads and all, on a '57 shoe-box, from a 1996 'vette or scrap that idea and bolt up a 2003 8.1L big-block. Everyone knows how to make a 300 horce SBC, shoot... My Grandma could tell you how to do that, but it's a different story with a Ford.

Not to say Ford's suck, thats simply not true...
    Ford engines are superior to SBC in several ways (intake runners, valve spaceing, larger lifters, ect...) But they never really capitalized on it, as-a-matter-of-fact, every-time they really get something good, they have turned around and changed it. They have all-ways changed designes makeing "old-school" parts completly use-less.
    Ford's have all-ways been "all-most" there, just a minor change in design and it would have been a winner, but that "minor" change in design is a major hurtle to jump for your every-day hot-rodder (Ford's Muscle-car shock towers come to mind, or that Twin-traction beam thing... I'm convinced is a collaboration between FoMoCo and the Devil)

Do I hate Ford's ???
    Nah.
    I just know better.

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    mj?

7. Chevy Duty

Chevy Duty Registered Member

I dont hate fords, But I dont like the way they look either. To me they never had good shape, they looked to boxy for me.

8. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Alot of parts are exchangable on the SBC's

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a weak arguement,lots of SBF parts are interchangeable also.

Stop by a Furd dealership, and take a look at what most of thier mecanics are driving.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did auto trannys at Ford dealerships for 8 years.Between the parts,service,and sales depts,95% of us drove Fords.

I think 100% brand loyalty is kinda stupid.I own 3 Fords ,1 Chevy,and 1 Jeep.Im a vehicle whore /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Regaurdless of make if its cool and the price is right,Ill drive it.Thats the only reson I got my K5.Now days I believe quality between new cars is almost equal.Take any new car,maintain it well,and dont abuse it and it will last forever.

9. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

They are ugly. That's how it stacks up for me. I think inside and out, they are frikkin ugly. Dodge, too, as far as that goes.

10. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I agree TTB was designed by Satan and tire manufacturers.

As far as late model EFI goes,you can take the upper and lower intakes off of any 5.0 car engine (Mustang,Cougar,Town Car,Crown Vic) or 5.0 truck engine (if you realy wanted to) and bolt it onto any 289/302./forums/images/icons/grin.gif You can also take an AOD or T5 and bolt it right up to any 289/302/351W. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I dont hate Fords.
    I just hate working on them /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

12. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I agree TTB was designed by Satan and tire manufacturers

[/ QUOTE ]

Ford buys tires.
    G.M. has them built.
    - Take a look at the Goodyear Wrangler ATS on the O.E. rides, then compare them to over-the-counter styles of the same make. Same goes for the BFG A/T on the ZR2s (very-close, but they are not the same) and all-most every tire that is on a GM (true-story).
    The Twin-traction-beam suspension threw-away everything that was learned over the previouse 50-60 years, it is a complete failure. Yet, it out-sold G.M. (both G.M.C. and Chevrolete) every-single year, by a large margine to boot. Why the hell is that !?1??!

Band-waggoning?

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

As far as late model EFI goes,you can take the upper and lower intakes off of any 5.0 car and bolt it onto any 289/302. You can also take an AOD or T5 and bolt it right up to any 289/302/351W

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure about that? (maybe-so, I'm not sure, I gave-up on Ford)
    I thought the bell-houseings changed between Fords alot.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I did auto trannys at Ford dealerships for 8 years.Between the parts,service,and sales depts,95% of us drove Fords. &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;That's not what I've seen around the places I've lived.

14. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Im on the same side as Steph. I dont hade fords at all. I just prefer Chevys. I have owned Fords before.

I just don't choose to jump on the "FORDS SUCK" bandwagon. The arguments are pointless and If I hear one more "Fords stands for Found on road dead" Im going to scream. People jump in and say that stuff liked I have never heard it before. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif People like that make Chevy lovers look bad. If we all loved the same thing I would be too bored to talk cars anyways.

15. iceman

iceman 1/2 ton status

I don't hate anything! /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif
    Get this, I'm restoring a 89 Ford Centurion F-350 Bronco and converting to four wheel drive to tow my 87 full size Jimmy. My wifes daily driver is an Outback I drive a Jeep cherokee and own 1 Suzuki and 2 Kawasaki motorcycles and everything runs. go figure.

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I can't say that I HATE Furd, becouse I love all cars, and trucks. But it is fun talking trash on certin makes to get people going. I go wheeling with a group of people driving every make around. We all talk trash on each others rigs. It's all in fun, nothing personal. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

lol I agree it is fun to make jokes about your friends cars. They know its all in fun. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

18. JROSS

JROSS 1/2 ton status

I did auto trannys at Ford dealerships for 8 years.Between the parts,service,and sales depts,95% of us drove Fords

[/ QUOTE ]
    My brother in-law works the service dept. for ford. The reason he drives one is because of the big time discount he gets working for Ford. If he worked for a Chevy Dealer, he would probably drive a chevy.

19. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

Between the 351 Clevland, windor, and modified, and the 460/429 big block there is just two transmission patterns, the big block and small block pattern. Cleveland modified and 460/429 use the big block pattern. The TTB is a good design. It's stronger than the IFS on chevys. The only problem you get is when you want to lift or lower them.
    You can also use the clevland heads on a windsor, all you have to do is plug two water passages and drill two more. Not that big of a deal. Some of the cranks will interchange but you have a couple different main diamiters. Same as the small and medium journals in the chevys.

20. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

i think that there all full of it...nobody on this site really hates any make or model despite what all the purists might say...the day you say you hate a make or model is they day it'll pull ya out! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Really i just like chevy cause of the parts availability and being able to swap. A ford 9 inch rear end is hard to beat though (had to throw something to the furds out there)...oh well...its like the battle between good and evil that never ends