Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why does John Kerry like Edwards?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jul 7, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Cause he loves him so much:

Republicans don't have to attack Edwards Kerry has done it already.

“Mr. Kerry made clear … that if Mr. Edwards tries to tar him as a tool of special interests, he will respond in kind. ‘It seems to me there’s a huge amount of money that’s been compiled in his campaign from one particular area of our economy,’ Mr. Kerry said, referring to Mr. Edwards’s support from trial lawyers. ‘People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones,’ Mr. Kerry told MSNBC.” (Josh Gerstein, “Kerry Advances, As Edwards Hangs On,” The New York Sun, 2/4/04)

Kerry Spokeswoman Attacked Edwards For Hypocrisy; Accepting Contributions From ‘Special Interests And Lobbyists.’ “Asked about the criticism, Mr. Kerry’s press secretary, Stephanie Cutter, responded, ‘This is an interesting line of attack from the positive campaign of John Edwards considering that his campaign is wholly funded by trial lawyers, which are widely recognized as special interests and lobbyists.’” (Adam Nagourney and David M. Halbfinger, “Kerry And Edwards Square Off As Dean Abandons Campaign,” The New York Times, 2/19/04)

“Mr. Kerry sought to turn that back on Mr. Edwards by noting the North Carolina senator’s reliance on campaign contributions from fellow trial lawyers, blithely suggesting that Mr. Edwards was looking to make the most out of whatever distinctions he could find. ‘And I don’t think there fundamentally is a difference,’ Mr. Kerry said. ‘I mean, John has raised almost 50 percent of his money from one group of people in the United States of America.’” (Adam Nagourney and David M. Halbfinger, “Edwards Challenges Kerry Over Who Can Win,” The New York Times, 2/27/04)

Kerry Said “He Can’t Win His Own State.” “A moment later, after the interview was over, in an aside that his aides insisted had not been intended for public consumption, Mr. Kerry mocked Mr. Edwards’s claim that he was the strongest Democrat the party could put up against Mr. Bush because he was from the South. ‘Edwards says he’s the only one who can win states in the South,’ Mr. Kerry said to a senior aide, David Wade, in a remark that was picked up by a reporter’s microphone. ‘He can’t win his own state.’” (Adam Nagourney, “For Kerry And Edwards, Sharp Exchanges Reflect A Crucial Day Of Voting,” The New York Times, 2/3/04)

Kerry Campaign Mocked Edwards’ Sudden Focus On Trade. “An e-mail from a Kerry spokesperson reacting to Edwards’ trade/economic speech yesterday jibes, ‘Below is John Edwards MAJOR economic address, where he promises to reward work and to create opportunity. There’s one thing missing from this speech: TRADE. Apparently, cracking down on unfair trade practices and promoting fair and balanced trade was not a priority to John Edwards just eight months ago. Mr. Johnny Come Lately on Trade!’ Another Kerry e-mail actually picked apart Edwards’ proposals.” (NBC’s “First Read,” 2/20/04)

Kerry Labeled Edwards ‘Mr. Johnny Come Lately On Trade;’ Accuses Edwards Of Inconsistency. “In an e-mail labeling Edwards ‘Mr. Johnny Come Lately on Trade,’ the Kerry campaign pointed out that Edwards did not highlight trade in a major economic speech last year. A separate Kerry memo accused Edwards of changing his mind four times on fast-track, noting that Edwards ‘voted FOR the China trade deal, even while acknowledging that he thought jobs would be lost.’” (Raja Mishra and Anne E. Kornblut, “Trade Issue Close To Home For Edwards,” The Boston Globe, 2/20/04)

Picked up from a blog site (thanks Shaggy, now I'm doing it).

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Gotta love the Ketchup King! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[​IMG]

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

the more important question here is why does anyone like either one of those dudes? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the more important question here is why does anyone like either one of those dudes? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Kerry rules! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

i'm keeping my mouth shut on that one /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Because Kerry rules!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Let me guess, You must be from down in the Bay Area /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Go Bush /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Considering both of these guys have missed way too much of work for any other person to keep his/her job. (43% of votes: Edwards/88% of votes: Kerry) Kerry has hardly shown up for work a day in the last 14 months! Why are taxpayers still paying their salaries?

I mean after all, the law says that after missing a certain percentage of the votes their salaries are supposed to be docked, but it isn't happening.
    The States they represent are not getting the representation that they deserve! I believe that they should both resign while they are making a bid for the White House, that is the only responsible thing either of them could do at this point.

And if someone would like to make the same case against Bush, well keep in mind he payed the State of TX back for everyday he was campaigning out of State, and the Lt Gov took over as acting Gov while he was on the campaign trail.
    Bob Dole resigned his seat in the Senate, as well as his position as Senate GOP leader when he took to the campaign trail.

Honestly shouldn't Kerry and Edwards have the integrity to do the same, or are they going to simply continue stealing from taxpayers!

Oh yes and some of Kerry's finer moments speaking:

John F. Kerry speaks: "The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country." /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    John F. Kerry "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
    John F. Kerry "One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."
    John F. Kerry "I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future." /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif
    John F. Kerry "The future will be better tomorrow."
    John F. Kerry "We're going to have the best educated American people in the world." /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif (does this include Kerry as well?)
    John F. Kerry "I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."
    John F. Kerry "We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe." /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif (Really! We're a part of Europe? That's news to me, I better go look at my global map one more time /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif)
    John F. Kerry "Public speaking is very easy."
    John F. Kerry "A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."
    John F. Kerry "We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur." /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    John F. Kerry "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
    John F. Kerry  "Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children." /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    John F. Kerry "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
    John F. Kerry "Its time for the human race to enter the solar system." /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

As you can see Kerry has a poor undestanding of the Political World, not to mention science and he has an uncanny ability to state the freaking obvious!
    Not that this really has any bearing on his ability to function in politics but I found it funny considering how he knocks Bush's speaking ability.

As a bonus if Kerry does resign as a Senator, then his temp. replacement will be named by the Mass. Gov. who happens to be a republican/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

In all fairness, I always get a kick out of Bush's wierd comments, too.

10. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I do too.

Those comments have no bearing on their repective abilities to lead this Nation but they sure are fun to read.

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Kerry rules! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

troll

Rene