Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

why does my computer do this?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bryguy00b, May 4, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i try to install windows and it says it dont have enough bytes..it gives me a long number which is like 7 or so GB's. or some times it will say "windows re"..and it will freeze like that and not display the rest of the message...but i know its suppost to say windows requires blablabla amount of space or w/e. i have run fidsk...put a new partition on it..tryed it over and over but i cant get it to get past the system check when i try to install 98. whats goin on?

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

After you run fdisk, make sure you format the drive as well.
    -->You have to run FDISK, then restart the computer, THEN format or it won't work <--
    If you're not formatting, it will look like you don't even have a hard disk, or that you have one with 0 bytes of free space /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Give that a whirl and see what happens. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

how exactly do i format it? i dont know what to type..i run fdisk...and it says all drives should be formatted after i restart or something like that..but what do i type to format it?

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

If you made a DOS boot disk, the format utility should be on there. Try running "format c:" from the floppy disk. If you're loading DOS from the Win98 CD, make sure you "start the computer with CD-ROM support," then go to your CD drive (probably D: if you only made one hard disk partition) and type "cd win98," then type "format c:" If this doesn't work, we'll try something else besides formatting.

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Sounds like its broken to me.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

geez you might be right...i never even thought of that.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif