Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why does my truck hate me?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun, Feb 22, 2004.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Well I got the lift put on and new brake lines but now I cant get the brakes to work. I was able to bleed them and it was all fine. Then I replaced the banjo washers on the front checked all my bleeder screws and now it just depresses to the floor everytime (very little resistence) It looks like there is a little fluid on the frame below the Master Cylinder. It seems like there might be a little on the master cylinder right in front where the MC connects to the booster. What is going on? Did I break something??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

if you blead them then changed the banjo washers then you need to bleed them again

3. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

No i replaced the washers then bleed them. Sorry if I wasnt clear on that. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

If you have fluid on the MC where it bolts up to the booster, then you have a bad MC. That will cause the pedal to drop like you describe.

5. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Sounds like the rubber seal that the mc rod passes through has a tear in it. That will cause a leak, and introduce air in the system every time you pump the pedal. I'd just buy a new mc, and be sure to bench bleed it first.
    Tom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Bought a new MC and ended up buying new calipes too b/c the dumba$$ previous owner (i hate those guys) broke off the nut tops for the bvleeder screws. They are still a little squishy now but a lot better. Now let it all settle and do a lot of checking this weekend. Thanks for the help. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Sometimes bleeding the brakes a lot causes the MC to fail. There can be crud in there that never causes problems until you start pumping it to the floor. Then you can mess up a seal and the MC goes bad. Good thing brake parts for these trucks are so affordable /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

if you have rear drum brakes make sure they are adjusted up properly....so the shoes drag slightly when turning the wheel by hand. If they are not adjusted you can damage the MC or rear wheel cylinders when bleeding. Make sure your rears are adjusted before bleeding next time and you should be good to go /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif