Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WHY does this happen EVERY MONTH????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Can Can, May 15, 2003.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

No, I'm not talking about the reason your girlfriend gets grumpy. If you don't know the answer to that then you're too young to have a girlfriend!!!!

I'm talking about the fact that EVERY FRIGGIN MONTH, after leading the pack for a couple of weeks, CK5 falls behind at Top4x4Sites.....

Do your part and click the link to vote. It only takes a second and helps bring people to CK5.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

done... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    No, I'm not talking about the reason your girlfriend gets grumpy. If you don't know the answer to that then you're too young to have a girlfriend!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot for ruinating my reply /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Can Can

HAHAHA!!! GOTCHA!!!

Do you really think I didn't anticipate some sort of smart alec remark in regards to my post title? Young Bubba, many lessons have you to learn....... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I like to vote and help steve/ck5 out, but in the end, does it REALLY matter if ck5 is #1 or #2 for any given month? Seriously, IMO ck5 is the best www site ever, of any kind... but Im having trouble figuring out just what is soooo significant about top4x4sites.com....

j

6. Can Can

Nope, it doesn't matter. We all know that CK5 is #1 regardless of our rank on some piddly voting site, but if Steve wasn't interested in using Top4x4sites.com as an avenue to attract new members, I'm sure he would have pulled CK5 off the list by now....

I vote because all across the world there are K5 newbies looking for info on their trucks. Being first place gives these folks a better chance of stumbling across our site and potentially joining up. That's where I'm coming from.

7. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    all across the world there are K5 newbies looking for info on their trucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya then they can ask us if 33" tires will fit on a stock K5.. And some people with Exloders can join... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

back on top... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    And some people with Exloders can join... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A low blow man.

10. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    I vote because all across the world there are K5 newbies looking for info on their trucks. Being first place gives these folks a better chance of stumbling across our site and potentially joining up. That's where I'm coming from.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point... but if some1 is desperately looking for K5 info and they see the top4x4sites list and #1 is big broncos... #2 is big dodges and #3 is ck5, is the noob just gonna throw up his hands, sell his rig and buy a furd? nah, he's just gonna click on #3 and find himself here at ck5. I mean, if we were out of the top 10 or whatever that they have on their main www page then I could see how we might attract less peeps... but being #2 or 3 prolly doesnt change much at all.

j

11. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ya then they can ask us if 33" tires will fit on a stock K5..

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, will they? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point... but if some1 is desperately looking for K5 info and they see the top4x4sites list and #1 is big broncos... #2 is big dodges and #3 is ck5, is the noob just gonna throw up his hands, sell his rig and buy a furd? nah, he's just gonna click on #3 and find himself here at ck5. I mean, if we were out of the top 10 or whatever that they have on their main www page then I could see how we might attract less peeps... but being #2 or 3 prolly doesnt change much at all.

j

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> If you don't care then don't vote, what's the big deal? Some of us like to be number 1 on the list, it only takes 3 seconds out of our day to click a frickin link. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

13. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green"> If you don't care then don't vote, what's the big deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

no need for hostility!! i was just askin a question! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

14. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I didnt mean to come off as hostile, sorry about that. I'm just saying, it seems like every time one of these threads comes up someone says that it doesn't matter and it's only a stupid ranking and we all know CK5 is the best, blah blah blah. I just don't get it, it takes so little time to vote, and 2nd place is just the first loser! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

15. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

I just frikin clicked &amp; we are number frikin one !!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif