Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why Forsake the PC?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Oct 2, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

WHY???

Just looking through new games coming and ones that are out and thinking back. Why Forsake the PC damnit? Its such a great platform and we get hosed on games. I bet in the near future games like Quake, Doom, and UT(some of the last bastions of good gameplay and graphics on the PC) will all be Console only releases.

I guess for most its easier to buy a console and throw in a disc, where as I spend lots of money on my PC to build it to a nice level and play hard.

I want the Final Fantasy Series on PC, not just Final Fantasy VII and XI. I want Gran Turismo on PC. I want Zelda on PC... I want the Resident Evil series on PC. Ok so only one of those has ever even been on PC, but I want it. Most of all I want the Final Fantasy series on PC. I don't feel like buying a PS2 so I can play VII through X.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

oh and as of right now "Alan Wake" will be released on XBOX 360 before the PC :mad:

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i haven't bought a game since Halflife 2.. haven't seen or heard of anything decent at all coming out..

and yeah, they definitely diss the PC..

that being said, i started in Nintendo and Super Nintendo and loved my Playstation (about 80 games).. haven't bought a newer system tho...

i switched to the PC cuz that was my new toy at the time.. but honestly, i barely get by on PC games... tho the games are awesome, i hate using the keyboard, i program everything thru my ForceFeedback 2 joystick... i always loved the Playstation controller and hated all the other big dorky ones...

some time down the unforeseeable road, i may buy another game system. mainly due to the controller issue... but in the meantime, i really wish they take some time from dumbed down versions on game systems and put a little effort into the PC...

maybe someday they'll release Stalker... :(

4. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

PC believer here too. I actually love using the keyboard because it allows you to do so much more control wise. I like having as much control as possible over the action, plus like to tweak and edit things in the game itself, stuff you can only do on the PC.

*sigh* I guess that means me playing Skulltag (a Classic DooM sourceport) DM are going to be going on for awhile. Have made my own bot for it that looks and acts like InuYasha though.

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sled, anything you'd want to trade that's roughly equivalent in value to the old style (read large model) PS2? Like a crappy 15" 8 lug rim? Just a thought if you wanted to play the Final Fantasy series. It has two controllers and two memory cards. I doubt any of the games I have are your style but I'll toss 'em in if you want 'em. I've pretty much gotten out of gaming.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2005
  6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah it sucks sometimes, I do try to stay away as i become obsesed with a game and waste all my time on it.

hey sled did you hear they canceled/pushed back the stargate game?

abarently they werent happy with the quality and so they canceld theproject from the suplyer, but they still have right to it so there going to try and fix it.

grafics i saw looked killer though!!

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Damn it, I WANT THAT!

8. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I too agree that the PC is way more powerfull, and upgradable too. My store has a killer rig right now. Athlon X2 4400, 4GB corsair XMS, A8N-Sli Deluxe Plat, 2 7800 GTx, and 2 WD 78 GB raptors. It is amazing! There is a new Call of duty game comming out that looks sweet, and I wish the far cry game that is on the xbox would be released for the PC. I cant wait for quake 4, and the next generation unreal game. I'm a Keyboard and mouse guy all the way. When I used to play halo, I got these Clicky
    To bad it didn't work the way I wanted, but still gave me way better control then a controller

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Some guy on the Alan Wake forums was claiming that consoles always look better then PCs. I can't say I've ever seen that. The only games I've seen even come close to rivaling a PCs image quality have been Halo(2), and Resident Evil 4. Even then as usual the cut scenes are what look the best. Unlike a PC where verything looks good. Eh, PCs are too complex for most people.

"What is Anti-Aliasing?"
    "Anisotropic what?"
    "1600x1200???? my TV and PS2 must be like 3200x2400..." or 800x600 at max...

10. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Heh....

Forsake the PC? Not gonna happen. Just two seperate crowds. Nothing's gonna change. Ha...there won't be a console ever that will keep up with a gaming pc setup with all the most powerful stuff you could get at the time...No way the Xbox 360 could Keep up with an FX-57, 2 7800gtx's in SLi and 4gb of RAM...lol! And I'd bet a big majority of the console folks play on cheap ass 27" tv's. Even a cheap CRT monitor will look better than a good tube tv. I've tried running my video card through the tv just for the hell of it....looks like ass. Nah, PC gaming isn't goin anywhere.

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

it looks like ass because TVs run at 800x600, granted they do great with what they have, but it would be so much better with better resolution(thus why HD tv looks better, it has more resolution!)