Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why go off road

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Dec 21, 2002.

I have had a lot of pepole ask me why I do this and for the most part I tell them it's a 4x4 thing you wouldnt understand. But I have added a new folder to my web site that shows some of why I like it so much. Give it a look and lets hear your reasons. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

cause pavement is boring. I want to get away from the crowds. It's the explorer in us all.

3. blueturd

blueturd Registered Member

I've been asked the same thing about drag racing. My response is always if you do it, you need no explaination. If you don't do it, you don't understand what an adrenaline addiction is

I'm hoping that rockcrawling will give me the same rush as drag racing!

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I do it so I can get some peace, restore my soul, Hug trees and Commune with the deer and cute little rabbits..
    Then I uncork the headers and get out the chainsaw and guns.................... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. Thunder you have the same mixed up idea of fun as I do

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Looks like you guys like the same things as I do. Nothing like getting out in the middle of nature, and blowing the sh!t out of it with the guns !!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Because I can.

8. 88k5canyon

88k5canyon Registered Member

Beacause I have total control of something 30 times as heavy as I am, and I can take it through places where most people would struggle walking. I also love the outdoors, it, unlike the city leaves a fresh feeling to your life.
    David
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. balazerjake86

balazerjake86 Registered Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Because I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you can't(well most of them can't)

10. One of my favorite resons is the exploring side of things. We have seen trophie elk, mule deer, big horn and so on, we have seen natural formations we could have seen no other way. Then theres the realy od stuff like the tadpole shrimp showen in my pics. We found them while 4x4ing and didnt know what they were so we did some checking and found out they are quite rare and only hatch under certin conditions but there eggs can lay dorment for hundreds of years.

11. Marshall

Marshall 1/2 ton status

I love going to the mountians to clear my mind and blow of my guns to /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif ...Theres no place like the mountians /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, Perfect place for my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif.Us k5ers have alot in common. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif350/208/10Bolt/3.73Gov-Lock/31's /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

12. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

i agree about seeing things the majority of the population havent and probably never will... i enjoy the mining trails in south west colorado... theres just something about being in an open top Jeep above 12,000 ft..

13. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Just to see the looks on people's faces when my blue truck is completely covered with mud...even on the hood, roof, toolbox, and in the bed. Before we started dating, my girlfriend wrote me a message using chunks of mud off of my truck like sidewalk chalk.

Also to see the looks on the faces of men (&amp;women) who have been wheelin for years and never saw anyone do what I can do.

14. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i do it mostly to prove the worth of the mighty chevy luv! (running tally of trucks pulled out of mud 5). I realy like to get out and away from everything, and wheelin dose that. And also when you meet other people on the trails they are nice to you and will actually talk and have fun whith you (probly becouse they know you might be able to help sometime). I just like to get out and explore.

15. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

well seeing that my truck has been a project since april of 2001, I can't say the same but I do do alot of wheeling in my girl friends bronco, and since she just bought a 2003 cavaleer, she likes the skinny pedal now that it's not her daily driver. I got bit by the 4x4 bug the day I met her and it was a big freakin bug cause my blazer and her are still around. I also get a smile from ear to ear when it's just the headers! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif And no, most people don't understand, I let it pass when the say "are those like, 4 foot tires and a two foot lift?" I love the compliments, even though it's not done. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

16. I think the childish side of me takes over at times because I love just starting the thing or driving down the road witch is pretty silly due to the 39.5 boggers on asfault, but thats allmost as much fun as atacking a rock ledg, allmost.