Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why her...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by speedyvision917, Sep 26, 2004.

1. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

well just found out yesterday a freind of mine was involved in a car crash. i never really new her that well but im freinds with her sister. what makes it so sad is this girl was one of the most popular, nicest, beutiful girls in our school. everyone knows her and not one person i no has anything bad to say about her. many others would agree when i say shes like the "perfect" girl, unfortunatly she made the decsision to drink and drive which ended up putting her in critical condition. she was on her way home from a party and not sure how but she swirved off the road and hit a tree about 14-20in in diameter cracking the hole thing, the engine was pushed back onto her legs breaking both of them and she was thrown half way out the window. i cant imagine what she looked like, hanging out the window with her leg bent backwards with her foot next to her head stuck there. a kid i no had gone up there when they were pulling the car off the tree and he said the car split in half, thats how bad it was. her injuries include 2 broken legs, her hips i think both broken, possibly internal injuries, a broken wrist and more that i dont no, hopefully she pulls through, its going to hurt and affect MANY people if she doesnt /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif my prayers are with her, this just goes to show the affects of drinking and driving

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That sucks. I wish her a fast and full speedy recovery. It just doesn't pay to drink and drive. It sucks that it always takes something like this to open the eyes of people. My prayers are with her and her family.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    what makes it so sad is this girl was one of the most popular, nicest, beutiful girls in our school.

[/ QUOTE ]

That isn't or shouldn't be why this is so sad...what makes it sad is that it's completely avoidable. I think it would be just as sad if the person involved was not popular or good looking.

I hope she recovers, and I also hope that what happened to her helps prevent a few others from doing the same or worse. She could just as easily have killed someone else instead of hitting a tree...did you think of that?

rene

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That isn't or shouldn't be why this is so sad...what makes it sad is that it's completely avoidable. I think it would be just as sad if the person involved was not popular or good looking.

I hope she recovers, and I also hope that what happened to her helps prevent a few others from doing the same or worse. She could just as easily have killed someone else instead of hitting a tree...did you think of that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Tragic, but competely unecessary.

5. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

I've never felt as bad for the people involved in crashes like that as I am for their parents, cause they could have completely avoided the whole situation. I feel sorry for my two friends who were murdered in March for no reason at all. Stuff like this is avoidable, they made the decision to drink and drive and they lost. Its sad to think, but its completely true. I feel for her friends and family, but she made the choice.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I've never felt as bad for the people involved in crashes like that as I am for their parents, cause they could have completely avoided the whole situation. I feel sorry for my two friends who were murdered in March for no reason at all. Stuff like this is avoidable, they made the decision to drink and drive and they lost. Its sad to think, but its completely true. I feel for her friends and family, but she made the choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Drinking and driving is stupid.

You drink, you drive, you lose. I don't feel sorry for her one bit.

7. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Why her...

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered that in your post, drinking + driving = BAD. Also sounds underage from the story, also bad.

8. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hope all goes well for her.

9. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

So she was drinking, decided to drive, didnt wear a seat belt, and hit a tree. You should be happy she didnt kill anyone. I hope she recovers, but she brought it on herself.