Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

why I am the way I am.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by supersize75k5, Oct 14, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

seems my last post stirred up some dust, and went out of control real quick.

So I will just add some back round info to better show where I am comming from and why I choose to do the things I do.

When I was 16 I purchased a 75 blazer, I made payments on it for 6 months, she was from oregon and looked real strait. After a few days of getting it road worthy I drove it and the 4th time I took it out I got hit almoast head on from a truck that was too busy talking on the phone rather then notice I had a turn arrow and he had a red light. 3 years later, and many days on ck5 I fixed the truck up from a new frame and all new parts, painted it ect. After over 20 grand she was nice and all new but I wanted more...this is where the trouble began. I wanted a truck for wheeling and one for looks, but since I was still at home the blazer became both. With the help of some of the loacal Ck5 members I got to build the blazer up and learn alot along the way. I under a year I went through countless parts and undid everything I did over the 3 years it took me to put the truck together. I dont regret it or the money since I learned alot of info and had a blast for most of those three years and it shure kept me out of trouble too.

the 83 blazer...

I bought this ohio blazer to have as a daily driver since the 75 was now becoming more and more off road only. The 83 had beautiful new paint and all new panels. I lifted it, put some 33's under her and cleaned up the interior and fixed anything I could find wrong. I loved this truck and all I needed was to rebuild and replace the floors. This love for the truck ended when it was smashed from a palm tree, to this day it pisses me off because the truck was awsome and I liked it.

the 86 blazer..

I later bought the 86 blazer, tore it down, stripped it, replaced things, fixed leaks ect. The interior was trashed as well, hood, doors and rear fenders also had alot of dings when I got it. I replaced sheetmetal and made her nice and swapped in alot of goodies. I painted it and as it turns out the paint was bad and turned out horrible as a result. I decided to just set aside a set of fenders and doors and enjoy and wheel the truck instead untill I get going on the buggy. So that is what I am doing, when my fun is over I will put my new paint and panels on her and make her pretty once again, for now I could care less about the sheet metal though as it is all replaceable.

I happen to really enjoy fixing up these things, and it seems the building of them is the best part for me. It is my money and time, I am young also so I imagin I will feel differnt in 20 years.

As for the whole rusty truck people, I really do feel sorry for you guys, but out here in AZ it is a different story. My 75 had rust, I had to make it a nice blazer, and the 83 was a cancer victim for shure.

These trucks 73-91 are not by any means in shortage around here, they also are not rare or exspensive ect. They are older 4x4's that I love to own, wheel, fix up and abuse to my liking. I work and I pay my own way, what I do with my money is my own problem so long as it does not put others in danger or cause them problems.

I would not go out and trash a $30.000 to 45.000 new truck, or even a $10.000 classic. That is why I have a older 4x4, if I smash a door or fender I can go get one from a parts yard where the truck is crusher bound anayways. That is the cool part about these trucks, every thing is replacable and easy to find, if not there is plenty of aftermarket people who will gladly sell you some parts.

These trucks are toys and fun thing to drive to go from point A to point B. They are not classics, even a really nice blazer with all the goodies is under 7 grand for a 73' to a 91'

Not to mention that every one crys for the sheet metal, shipping a truck across the the counry only cost 500.00 to 1200.00 bucks, not a bad deal if you really want a clean rust free blazer. I think it was 90blz who had been trying to get rid of a rust free body for almoast a year, geez, a rust free tub! Ya better move on it! But that is not how it works out here. If you cant stand to live where a new car has holes in a few years then move!

If you want to cry about these non valuable blazer tubs...why not cry for the old station wagons, the Chevy Chevette, or the prized pinto...or the dodge colts, the pontiac sunfire, the early nissans and hondas! Or what about all the one ton trucks we rob our covetted parts from?

Just let it go, if you want to save the sheet metal then start buying it up, while you are busy showing your prized 76 front fender on the living room wall to your inlaws, I will be out with a smile on my face and the t-case in low using the truck for the only reason I have it. In the end most of you crying have blazers already, if I kill one of 50,000 made that year it only can make yours worth more, not less.

Weather you build it, buy it, fix it up or trash it, as long as it is your truck and your money, who is to tell you other wise?

any comments are welcome, just keep this civil please and not personal.

-Shawn

p.s.

ignore the spelling, this getto computer has no spell check and my eyes are tired...wtf

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You're a [censored] jackass.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should seriously decide to be a man one of these days and get rid of the diapers, we may actually respect you a little bit more than we currently don't.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Tim, you are really not one to be calling anyone a jackass.

Shon, i never read the other post, so i dont know the story, but i do know this. you have danced around and done some stupid "kid" things. you have more money than people twice your age. people have a problem with this. screw them. belive me, i would love your budget. i dont have it. i think you are a good person. yes, you do some childish things, but so have we all. you seem to learn most of the time. this is good.

keep on being yourself, screw what others think. i myself am a lot like you. its my money, ill do what i want with it. the diferance you to me is this. i dont show it as much about my money. i dont say everything about what im doing to my blazer when times are hard on others.

i dont see this as a bad quality in you. its just you. no worries brother. and keep building trucks how YOU want.
    Grant

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    LOTS of people say the same thing about you. so quit with the name calling /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds like

Pot: Hey, kettle You're Black!
    Kettle: /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

8. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

If everything you say is true, then I openly apologize for what I said in your other post. If you are just trying to save face to smooth things over, then, well, I wont say it. I hope it is the former rather than the latter. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh, and "just for the record" and Grim and Friz's FYI, I never said the kid could not do what he wants, just that he is stupid for doing it. I would have put that in the other post but that is obviously impossible now.

9. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

This reminds me of Tim's apology post. Looks nice on the cover, but deep down you know it's a bunch of bullshit. You do this stuff because you are immature and like the attention. Every male goes through this phase to some degree, you just seem to be stuck in it. You took a lot of [censored] over the first truck you destroyed, yet you continue to return with the same annoying story.

10 years from now nobody is going to care how many nuetral drops you did, or how many times you rolled your truck. Put your money into your education and get a degree. Own your own home, raise some good kids, and give something back to the community, then I will be impressed.

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

10 years from now nobody is going to care how many nuetral drops you did, or how many times you rolled your truck. Put your money into your education and get a degree. Own your own home, raise some good kids, and give something back to the community, then I will be impressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean be a total formulatic wanker? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

It sounds like I'm a "formulatic wanker", too. If so, why am I so damn happy with my life? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. Resurrection_Joe

Nononononono

I just meant that just because someone doesn't take the well beaten road doens't make him a little punk.

The life of standards is great if you can stand it

13. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    The life of standards is great if you can stand it

[/ QUOTE ]

PLease explain this further, brother.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

14. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You mean be a total formulatic wanker? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I mean do something worthwhile with your life.

15. Resurrection_Joe

Well I admit I'm not engrossed into the experiences most of you are but....

Every day since the day I got into high school it was all about grades and plans. Plan four years of your life out, learn what you had to only because the standardized tests at the end had those questions. Drop art classes and drop music classes to concentrate on required subjects. Drop real world skill classes like computer repair and shop to concentrate on the required. You may not have to worry about your kids having to drop those classes, they may not be there.

I simply gave up hope for the American education system when I walked into the guidance councilors' office and told her I wanted to be an artist or a writer. "Well that's not a very good choice for making money in the real world" Oh really? Bye!

I may have generalized very strictly my disgust at the standards put before me in my life and what I assume to some part and know to another are put in front of every other person.

Standardization and straight-line paths to your death.

12 years of school 4-10 of higher education 40 years of work, and the rest of your life plinking around in a RV or spent fishing.

In ten years no one will remember you for neutral drops hmmm? In one hundred will anyone remember you for anything? "Yeah Todd worked and fed his kids and died"

Yay Todd

I don't want to come off in a counter culture hippy way, and I really hate to quote to make a point but

I'm going to be just like you: the job, the family, the [censored] big television, the washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electrical tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisurewear, luggage, three-piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing the gutters, getting by, looking ahead, to the day you die.

I can deconstruct my thoughts easier on a smaller scale and it'd be easier talking to you so feel encouraged to ask more pointed questions

16. Resurrection_Joe

Well by all means, I agree!

Sorry for being rude, but that wasn't the clearest way to express such a thought

17. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

RJ: I wish I were a man of better (and polysyllabic) words, and I wish I compose something to add to what you said. Sadly, I haven't that ability at my disposal, at this point in time. There is nothing, in my opinion, to add to that.

Ever notice that the people who do have it figured out are the ones that don't think they do?

18. Resurrection_Joe

Hey, if I had an all definitive all proper theory, I wouln't have to go off an emotional verbose (thank you shaggy) tirades.

I know what I have stated is right as far as I know the world, but I'm sure I have more concessions to make if someone would only point them out to me.

19. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

RJ-what are your goals in life? Just curious, not giving you a hard time.

And I'm not a "formulatic wanker."

20. Resurrection_Joe

Put a few books out

Live in a shop in one big room walled off on one end

Have a decent enough computer repair audio install welding or other such job to keep me in guns and tires

No kids

No wife