Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why I like my state

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Apr 26, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I like Washington State.

We have a little bit of everything here. Fields and plains, a gorge and large river (the Columbia), a big Dam (Grand Coulee), a big Mountain (Mt Rainier), a volcano that has been active in the last 30 years (Mt. St. Helens), many mountain ranges (the Cascades and all the other smaller ones), a sound (Puget Sound), a coastline, even some nearly rainforest-like areas on the Olympic Peninsula.

We have mud, we have rocks, we have hills, we have sand dunes, we have swamps, and we have trails.

Dry places, wet places, flat places, snowy places, rugged places, smooth places, rolling hills, streams, rivers, valleys, orchards, farms, urban areas, rural areas... And of course, inbred people in my corner of the state.

What about YOUR state?

2. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

You get a gold star /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It is a nice place to live, lots of variety /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

My state is infested with hippies and communist. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My state is infested with hippies and communist. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and glamis sand dunes /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    what about the con /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    other than that I feel bad for ya /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Washington sounds nice... I oughta visit someday /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

My state is flat and has weed everywhere... a few hills... Unless you go up around Yellowstone, then there are some big mountain type things... Medicine Bow National Forest is kinda nice, pretty much the only place in the state with TREES...

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

It's a whole other country....

7. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

I don't like mine. Why I'm hoping to get out of it ASAP. Laws here are made by big-dollar bussiness that buy political offices /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif, and screws it's taxpayers /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Laws here are made by big-dollar bussiness that buy political offices, and screws it's taxpayers

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you moving to get away from that? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Laws here are made by big-dollar bussiness that buy political offices, and screws it's taxpayers

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you moving to get away from that? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, but anywhere's gotta be better than here. Indiana's state laws are what suck.

10. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

i cant remember who it was, but i once saw a stand-up comedian who said something along the lines of:

"you ever notice how every place has an attitude? like brooklyn, for example, everyone there is 'tough.' the people are like 'yo, we're from brooklyn and we're tough.' same with texas. down theyre, theyre like 'hey, we're from texas and we like things big.' then theres indiana, where im from. we're like, 'hi, we're from indiana and we're......gonna move.'"

NC is nice. lotta mud, lotta beach ( /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif ), lotta mountains, and a little bit of sand to play in. wouldnt move anywhere else. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

13. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    NC is nice. lotta mud, lotta beach ( /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif ), lotta mountains, and a little bit of sand to play in. wouldnt move anywhere else. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

amen to that! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

I live by NC and will move there after college kick ass state from what Ive seen Georgia is cool outside the city

15. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

My state? Massachusetts has too many laws, liberals, traffic and tons of stupid people driving mini-vans.

Wheeling areas are becoming almost non existent here.