Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why I like snow... or I'm young and dumb

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Why I like snow... or I\'m young and dumb

I kinda like drifting around corners... I complain all the time about how this city has billions of snow plows, yet whenever it snows, there is ice and snow on the roads for days... Like tonight, I saw 3 snowplows... They weren't plowing anything, and all the roads were covered in snow and ice /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BUT, it does make for fun times... last night it was so bad I put my truck in 4wd and drifted around every corner I came to... beautiful... tonight, not so bad, so I took it in 2wd... there's nothing like driving sideways through neighborhoods, hoping you don't find a dry spot somewhere /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Why I like snow... or I\'m young and dumb

Yup, you're young. I used to like cruising through the neighborhood at night after a big snowfall too. It was a blast hammering through the big snowbanks created by everyone who cleared their driveways onto the street!!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Nowadays, driving in crappy conditions makes me sweat, probably because I usually have 2 pieces of precious cargo with me. And take a guess how fun it is roading a backhoe through town when the streets are slick with ice. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i do the same thing! detroit locker + TSLs + rain + 1 suburban = FUN!!!!!!!!!

we dont get snow in vegas

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

yea,the fam and the insurance /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

I think thats a great way to drive, you do it to yourself having fun, so when the time comes and it happens in a accident, you know how to handle your car or truck. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

thats fn doing that, too bad my truck was down on the last snow we got /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Why do you need snow or ice to drive sideways thru the neighborhood?

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

It was bound to happen this weekend the way I was driving.......... some company plowed the trailer park and left 5'-6' piles of snow in various places... Which I proceeded to drive through on my way home from work...

Until this one snow pile... I completely obliterated it and it was frickin awesome, until I realized I was wedged on what was left over... Thought I was going fast enough...

SO I came home, changed, grabbed the camera and a shovel, and walked my happy ass 2 blocks to where my truck is. tried to rock myself out, tried the artificial traction trick, tried shoveling, and I even tried waving down every truck that passed, hoping they could pull me out... I guess folks in this neighborhood aren't as friendly as me... a Jeep and a Dodge were the trucks.. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

So now I'm back here posting about it, regaining my body heat, and I'm going to go back with a better shovel and if I can find it, some wood panels... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

I'm becoming an expert at getting stuck. I'll have to write Ford and tell them to change their truck slogan. Instead of "Built Ford Tough," I say it oughta be "Built Ford Stuck." /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have a Lockright in my Ranger's rear...don't get stuck in those little snow piles. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Little snow piles, eh?

I don't know that I'd call a pile nearly as tall as the truck "little" /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Anywho... I took a couple photographs, I'll post them when I get the truck out... I'm off to try again

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

Pic of me stuck /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif All the snow piled around and on the truck is from the pile exploding /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I only regret I don't have a pic of it blowing up, or even better a video.

Anyway... After I warmed up, I realized I couldn't get to the shed because the snow in the back yard drifted so much I couldn't get the gates open... So I went back to my truck armed with the rubber mat at the bottom of the front stairs (there was 8 inches of snow on it, it's not like it's going to be missed for a week)... Started running because I was cold and running into the wind...

Then I slipped and fell on my ass in the middle of the road and decided it'd be a better idea to walk. So I did.

I got to my truck, unloaded the bed, shoveled the snow out, pulled out the rubber bed mat I have, and wedged it under both rear tires... Then I used a hammer and a knife that I keep in my tool box to chisel away the tire-shaped pits of ice the front passenger side tire was stuck in. I wedged the mat from the house under that tire, and with a lot of gas and going forward and back, I was able to get the truck up out of the hump... I wasn't able to back up any more for some reason, so I turned the wheels to one side and hit the gas... After about 30 seconds, I was out of there... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I tried to take a pic of the pile of snow after I was done, but the damn camera battery died like it always does at the most inconvenient of times /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Hate to say it, but that little snow pile doesnt look like it is over the centerline of your axles let alone as tall as the truck /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Couple of tire chains and you would have had no problem getting out of that spot the first time.

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

No way my locked ranger would be stuck in that.

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I bet your dick is bigger than his too

15. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

16. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    let alone as tall as the truck

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it's not as tall as my truck, the pile went all over the place once I hit it.... Read my posts /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

The pic sucks, btw... I was pretty well in there... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

18. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Snow and ice can be fun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Now that is some snow worth getting stuck in /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I went snowboarding today and while I was up at the hill I thought I'd do some doughnuts in the parking lot /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just held it pinned for almost a minute straight. Sat perfectly at 5000rpm /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif just every once in a while crank the wheel the opposite direction. Then I headed out of the parking lot crabbing side to side.

It was a blast with the detroit in there /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif People were walking by shaking their heads and laughing at my silly wasting of expensive fuel. But I would do it again