Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why Insurance Companies Suck (winhealth at least)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Alright... So I left my job in September... Long, already posted story short, I ended up back at the job a month later... I needed too see a doctor and such, and tried to figure out if I was insured or not. I wasn't getting any answers from the WONDERFUL HR lady who never seems to have an answer to my questions and then does a great job dodging me for the next few weeks...

SO, I called the insurance company itself, and the lady I talked to said I was still covered, and they were getting payment from my place of work and all that... I asked her like 5 times if she was 100% sure she was reading it right, and she assured me several times that if I made a claim, I was covered...

So I went to a doctor, did some physical therapy (which didn't work thank you very much physical therapists) and said I would be billed for my copay later... Later came, and I got a bill for $750... I sent it back saying that was extremely high, like WAY above what it should've been... They said it was a mistake and they meant to send it to my insurance, and would send me a seperate bill later...

Then not too long ago, I got two bills, one from my doc and one from the physical therapy joint... Totalling about $1,020... I called Winhealth right away and asked what was going on, and they said that my coverage ended in September... I talked to someone else to see if I could get them to help me out with these bills since if it wasn't for that idiot telling me I was covered, I wouldn't be in this mess, but all I got is "It's not our problem"

SO, I'm trying to just suck it up and pay for it, but I don't have $1,000 lying around to pay for something that didn't even really work in the first place... So I've been working with them to set up payments, and it's been a few days... Today I get this letter in the mail saying they want their money in 5 days or it's being sent to collections...

Whatever... I'm just gonna send them $100 a month since that's what I can afford... They can send it to collections all they want, I don't have anything worth taking but my good credit :mad:

That's all I have to say about that... I hate the fact that there's the "just in case" factor with insurance... It's something you pretty much HAVE to have if you're not rich or extremely healthy... I've never used insurance coverage, because when I have it nothing happens... Then I don't and anything short of death that could happen to me does...

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

If you're supposed to be covered through work then they need to deal with this. If your HR department is not helping you then escalate to your boss, keep going up the chain until you get somewhere, that's what HR is for. If they aren't helping you then they aren't doing their job.

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm such a mack daddy...

I ended up going to the joint this afternoon with my letter, and a check for $50... Apperantly the person I was dealing with doesn't work there anymore, so I pretty much handed the lady the check and said I want to have payments set up TODAY before I leave this building, and here's a check to start it off... Only I wasn't quite so rude about it :crazy:

So yeah, I left satisfied and with a payment schedule of $50 a month...