Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

why is eaby so FING SLOW?!?!!?!??!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by darkshadow, Sep 28, 2005.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

for some reason ebay is really really slow.

i have cable and most pages are fast but ANYTHING ebay suck monkey ass!!

i clicked on the link to ebay for the guy selling everything he owneds and it had been 5 or 5 min and NOTHING.

i hit refreash a few times, i hit "go' in the search bar, and it sometimes helps but it is soooooooo freaken slow!!!!!!

i have cleared my chash erased my history erased all cookies exsept ck5 and every thing elce i can think of but STILL ebay is so f ing SLOW

any help?

oh win XP, high speed cable firefox...

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Ips???

Do you have AOL???...I do--I spend more time waiting than using my computer most of the time --but its dial up...I also have a 10 minite wait to "sign on",since I "upgraded" to AOL 9.0...should have left the 8.0 in,and left it alone! :doah: --having 64 MG of RAM doesn't help either..its overloaded right off the bat--and I'm too stupid to know how to "add" any more memory.. :doah:

I bet I could find a better computer in a dumpster than this one I paid 250 bucks for...some sites load pages quickly (CK5 seems the fastest)--but others take a Loooooonnnnngggg time...very aggravating!--sometimes it freezes up,and it wont respond to the mouse at all..just when I think its my computer,15 minites later a pop up comes up--telling me my AOL conection has been "lost"!! :mad: :mad: --well,find it,dammit!.. :mad:

Sometimes I'd like to ditch the computer,digital cable tv,and maybe the phone too..I'd have a life again,and 150 bucks a month more to spend elsewhere!...21st century sucks... :( :crazy:

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've had the same problem with eBay for the last several months. I e-mailed their tech and was told that it must be a problem with my computer. :doah: Problem is that I have cable at home and a T-1 ate work and they are both slow with eBay. Everything else is fast, so I wrote it off to eBay being overrun.

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i dont have aol, and i can see a page being slow, but it takes 10 min sometimes, to refreash a page!!!

5. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

No problems on my end.

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

ebay sucks hear on cable line /roadrunner. sometimes all loads good others it only loads 1/2 of the stuff.

7. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

I had that same problem a few months ago. I had to clean my regestry (stupid stuff for popups had gotten in there). After words it worked great.