Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why is it always a FULLSIZE that has to pull the jeeps out?

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by gzzgfw, Feb 12, 2004.

1. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

I was just sitting around this morning thinking about my recent wheelin' trip and started wondering why I always see fullsize's pulling jeeps out of the mud, out of the woods and tow strapping them back to their trailers?

Last weekend I was the one to pull a broken down Cheokee out of the woods and I then saw another K5 pulling another TJ out at the same time. In Oct while wheelin' at the badlands I got volunteered to hook up to a broken axled jeep. In Aug I towed a Jeep out of the woods down in S.Indiana.

Am I just to nice of a guy or is it just that our rigs handle the tough stuff better than jeeps?

Do you guys have the same problem when wheelin'?

Anyhow, it's always fun to showup any jeep and what better way than on the end of a strap.

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

It's the same everywhere. In our club there are only two of us with fullsizes that run the trails consistently and we always get to pull the broken down Heeps off the trail.

3. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

Unfortunately thats not always the case. [​IMG] Maybe i can say i was pulling the jeep DOWN the hill /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

That may be the case when you're talking about Jeeps with stock drivetrains. Stock Jeeps are just not built tough enough for hard core wheeling. But, neither are full sizes except maybe 1-tons. My Jeep and my friend's Jeeps are mostly 1-tons. We've been pulled by full sizes at times, but there have been plenty of times we've pulled the full sizes. Seems to me it's more often about whether the vehicle is built and maintained properly (trail ready).

Don't let you head get too big, or you'll be the one broke and needing some help from a Jeeper. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It's about the wheeling, not the brand wars. One of the best things I like about wheeling is that most folks will help each other out, and I try to be one of those folks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    One of the best things I like about wheeling is that most folks will help each other out, and I try to be one of those folks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep I'm with you there. That's what brings me back out to the trail as often as I can. I remember meeting up with you and your brother on the sports in the rough rides a few years ago. I just really enjoy riding and meeting new people and rigs. -Mark

6. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Yeah, now that I look at your site, I remember you and your camo shortbed. Small world. Those old sports in the rough rides used to be a lot of fun. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Then they stopped allowing the camping (because of a few idiots), and still want $80 for entry. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yes it appears that the full sizes do pull the Jeeps out alot. I haven't found a Jeep yet that can pull my rig out of a hole. Most of the time if a Jeep does try it comes out with more damage than I do!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif And I don't care about brands...the saying of a club I am in "Never leave anyone behind" and we have never.