Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WHY IS IT THAT!!!!!!........ (rant)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyracing, Oct 6, 2002.

1. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I can spend 2 million hours getting my garage spotless, all of the tools put away, my dirty magazines hidden, all vehicle parts stored in their propper place, shelves dusted off, and all of the other stuff that goes along with it.............until..........I have to go out and get a pair of pliars to take a light fixture in the kitchen apart to change a friggin' light bulb that takes about 10 seconds and it looks like a bomb exploded in the garage by the time I am done???????? WHY!!!!!!!???????? I don't get it!!!! One tool, that's all I needed..... Every friggin' time!!!!!!!!!

I can go out and overhaul an engine and not make as big of a mess........ GEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

John

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I know, I could straighten out my garage, sweep the floor and lock the door behind me and NEVER go in there for 6 months and when I did it would be trashed. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

That sounds about right.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

Now thats the problem about cleaning up after a long day on a hobby, you just want to leave everything (Tools, parts the whole shabang!!) in one place and know that it will be there tomorrow, but guess what, your old lady tells ya to clean up your mess so the kids don't think that a plier can be use to pull teeth out (Ouch?!), so you start putting things away and now you got a spotless garage.
    The next morning, you're old lady asked you to get the monkey wrench to fix that bad leak under the kitchen sink, now you know that you put it away yesterday in the garage, but when you go look for it?
    Its not in its rightful place, so you tear up the garage looking for that stupid monkey wrench.
    At last!!, you finally found it, then you go on and do your job.
    After a couple hours, you're finished, but as you go out to the garage, there is $h!t all over the place, you might be thinking in your head, "I must be a damn fool to take up a job like this, I might as well become a janitor" /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Michael Wiley /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I am overhauling my 205, again....check out this mess! I dont know where anything is!

[​IMG]

6. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I'm right there with you all!! I spent all last weekend doing the same, could have parked the truck in ther if it would fit. Then this weekend there are bag and boxes all over the place. So I'm going to do a little investigating…The first bag I came to was from Nordstrom’s, then another from Crate n Barrel, and so on….umm…could it be the wife?????I'll get back to you all. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    So I'm going to do a little investigating…The first bag I came to was from Nordstrom’s, then another from Crate n Barrel, and so on….umm…could it be the wife?????I'll get back to you all.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah no kiddin' my wife thinks that if she opens the door and throws junk out in to the garage, that it's close enough to the garbage... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. chevyracing

I really dread that once a month trip to the kitchen drawer to retrieve my screw drivers, pliers and cresent wrenches that the wife uses.

John

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I SO identify with that one! Except she sets it right outside the door on the first step. There are two steps down, and if youmiss the first one, you're pretty much garuanteed a face plant! I told her if she did that to me one more time I was going to put her in the trash! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I cured that. My wife was really cool a couple of years ago and bought me a killer tool set and tool box combo! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif So Iwent to wally-mart and bought a cheap plastic tool box and filled it up with most of my old tools. I told her, this is yours. If you loose anything, you replace it. I lock mine up so she and the kids can't get to 'em! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. chevyracing

That's cool that she bought you all of those tools. My wife buys me all kinds of cool things too. Gotta love 'em, even if they are not perfect.

John