Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why me?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ironmikek5, Jun 7, 2001.

1. ironmikek5

ironmikek5 1/2 ton status

I decided Thursday night would be a good night to do the timing on my Jimmy. After not starting for weeks (an interesting story for another day), I replaced enough ignition and fuel components to coax it into running. Just needed to adjust.

I adjusted the idle speed, and climbed up on the engine compartment to loosen the distributor hold down. Lost my balance and grabbed for some thing to hold onto, in the form of a nice hot carb body (bonus - if I want to know the carb number now, just have to look at my thumb) as well as a hood latch in the groin.

Needless to say, the distributor wrench that I bought was the wrong size. After fighting with a wrench to loosen the hold down, I connected my timing light, and aimed it at the timing tab and balancer. Except the prior owner must have been fond of the tab, he removed it and its bolt. Time to guestimate. Finally got it running better, bolted it down and called it a night.

As if there was any doubt, that tiny little tab that was such a bitch to plug into the HEI so I could connect my Tach was not such a bitch coming out, and is now somewhere on top of my transmission.

Arrrgh

<font color=red>"Oil? That's not my oil...that was there before" </font color=red>[​IMG]

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

grown [​IMG]

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I feel your pain - While working on cutting my inner fenders today, I managed to run the sawzall right through my KC lights' wiring, and then managed to cut into the Sawzall cord with the grinder.

I'm so poor I can't even pay attention [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://pugsley.coloradok5.com>http://pugsley.coloradok5.com</A>