Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why not to buy a Jeep

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Well this is gay........

I woke up this morning, left the house, and get to church with my engine running a bit hot, and steam pouring out the engine... Then I get on my way home, and the darn thing overheats past the red, and my brakes decide it's time to start sticking and go all soft on me... And there's SOMETHING clunking up front...

I replaced the upper radiator hose after discovering a hole in it, so that stopped the steamy problem... But everything else is still there...

Doesn't that just bite big time? I owe $9000 on the dern thing and I don't think I can take it around the block safely... or afford to fix it at the moment...

2. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Or maybe 'why not to go to church'.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Eye wood definatively stop goin to church, Someones messin with yer engine and Pauls hands are greasy....

4. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Just Empty Every Pocket... JEEP

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

It's not just a jeep thing. Dont feel bad... Right now my Tahoe is pretty similar!

6. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Get a bicycle tube patch and duct tape.

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Ohhh man... Well I'm in no physical shape (I'm still on crutches from surgery last month) or mechanical intelligence to be fixing more than a radiator hose and that cotton-pickin Jeep engine, which is unfortunate because it was $165 just for labor :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

So it turns out one of my hubs was basically falling off the axle, which pretty well screwed up my calipers and rotors... It was about time for new brake pads anyway, so I had some of those put on... $523 in all, and I still need to find a shop (or individual) who will replace my Catalytic Converter........ Or figure out how to do it myself in the back yard :crazy:

I'm thinkin I'm gonna have to arrange to skip my car payment this month so I can pay for all this stuff... Gay :mad:

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I really seriously wish I still had my Scout II... I'm mechanically a complete idiot, but I could track down and fix pretty much anything that needed fixing on that thing... It did so much for my self-esteem...:rolleyes:

9. Emmettology 101

What year is your Jeep? On the Cat, I do believe there is a mandatory 6 year warranty on emmissions components. Worth checking into if your Jeep is new enough.

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

It's a 98... So I've missed that period if it's indeed 6 years... :rolleyes:

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Actually, every website I've found info on in the last three or so minutes is saying 8 years/80,000 miles... I've got the 8 years, but my 80,000 miles was up about 42000 miles ago :o

12. Emmettology 101

It used to be 6 years... According to a service writer I knew. BUt that was a few years ago. I've seen some aftermarket hi-flo universal fit ones on-line for around $50.. And I think through a vendor on here.