Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why NOT to take a 7000lb+ truck off-road

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Aug 7, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Old Bridges don't handle weight too well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

lol

nice bridge, i am sure the moss and crap growing on it was only a sign of its true strength!!!:haha::haha:

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

:eek: Better the rear end than the front end.

4. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

she's alright its the bridge thats not lol there's no sensible reason i could ever foresee why a 7k + vehicle should not be off road. i will build a heavy recovery/epair vehicle one of these days lol not by wanting to but because strength and accesseries mean weight lol anyway cool pics bro! :waytogo:

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I'm used to taking heavy and big rigs places they normally don't go. But I probably shouldn't have taken Brutus (thats the Crew cab's name) up there with it's 235/85R16 street tires, Utility box and springs so stiff I thought the windshield was going to crack whenever we hit tiny bumps.

I was in the shortbed stepside on 39.5" boggers... but when it started having fuel delivery issues, I told everyone to go on without me. I darted back to my place, and decided I'd just hop in Brutus and catch up. It was kinda funny sneaking up and getting right on their bumper without them hearing, then seeing them turn around and literally jump seeing a rig right on their tail.

Later on the next day, we were looking at a rough section of road, and my relative in the Jimmy with a 6" lift and 35's didn't think we'd make it. So I went first. I ripped off the drivers side muffler and pipe trying to in Brutus though. After that, I decided I better park it and not beat on it anymore.

6. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

:haha: :waytogo:

thats no fun :whistle:

7. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

in the first pic it doesn't even look like there's a bridge there. it just looks like a muddy bit. you're the king man. wheelin the 235s, i love it!