Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why Now????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bee32, Apr 16, 2003.

1. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Okay, While I was drivin home the other night after wheelin with a bud to test his 4x, My brake light came. Now I have noticed my brakes being alittle squishy. There is fluid coming from the rear left tire on the inside and it appears to brake fluid and not Diff oil. Thankfully! What seal is leaking in there? It is a drum brake on ten bolt. I know there is a seal in there but what is it called. I want to fix this prior to Tellico.
    Question #2: I installed a dual steering stabilizer over the weekend and seems to be kinda makin a poppin noise when I turn. It doesn't do it while sitting still and I have full travel. Everything is tight. Any Ideas? I might add that I added a rock slider on the driver side and I thaught that was making the noise but there are no rub marks on the Body or the rails where it is close to the body. And I repaired a bunch of cracks on the forward frame. Maybe it just doesn't like being all together /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. Thanks fer any advice on this.

2. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I'll second the wheel cylinder.

As for the pop, check your body mounts. Since you fixed some cracks, it stiffened the frame, now the body prolly moves around a little. New mounts are most likely in order, as some new bolts.

John

4. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Thanks! I do appreciate it.

5. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

The popping is the frame flexing turning the tires. You should think about bracing it up in addition to what you have already done to the cracks. I would fix it sometime soon my buddy tunings 38's ripped his box off one day. I haven had any problems, popping, nothing, and im turning 42's. I made a custom brace for the frame. Works great!