Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why? Oh why?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Jan 20, 2002.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Its done this twice since ive bought it (sept) I'll be romping and then i'll be pulled out or pull people out and then I'll close my door and my window shatters inside it (window is allt he way down) Does anyone else have this problem!?
    Is it like the forces of tugging other poeple out and getting tugged out that crack the window or something? And then when i close it it breaks? Also. Pass side doesntseem to have aporblem and i think its rolled halfway down.
    ?!?!?!
    Thanks

87 Custom Deluxe
    305/Sm465/ NP208
    4.56 , 35" BFG Muds, Series 40 delta flow 3" tips
    Coming Soon: Suspension Work, Eaton Posi, More Exhuast work.

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I assume your tsalking about your driver door since you mentioned your pass. door. You may have a broken weld missing nut that holds the track that guides the window. Have whoever replaces the window check it out for you.

That jeep thing? Yah I understand it....... Like my Blazer? <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5>http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5</a>
    Jim

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

that sucks. mine are just manual windows now. ou want them up or down? nope they are all the way up or all the way down. and you have to use your hands not the crank.
    but i think they are getting removed anyway.... not sure yet.
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Check the rear window track. There is a small bracket spot welded to the track that in turn bolts to the door. I've had two window track assemblies where the spot weld has broken. This allows the window to either come off the track or wobble around when the door is being closed. This could be enough for the window to break inside the door...

In my case the door hinges and the striker were badly in need of repair which meant the doors needed to be slammed hard to close. With the window rolled down there would be enough stress on the window track with the weight of the window that the spot weld would fail. I did two things...I welded the bracket more solidly and then spent a couple of hours getting the doors to close properly. Now my doors close with a very light push and the window track doesn't break.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

5. barbastard

barbastard 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I've had simiar problems as well. My driver side window has fell off the "track'' 3-5 times in the last 5 years. Everytime it happened the window was completely rolled down and the door was slammed....luckily the glass never broke though. I would recommend checking the track on the bottom of the window in the door and the bracket. When I checked mine it was fine but for some reason the window would occasionally fall off. My solution:....I now roll the window up to at least half way before I close the door. Good luck in fixing yours....I know how annoying it can be!!!!

'77 blazer, 36'' super swampers, 4'' lift, some body damage and more to come, powered by Jack Daniels and Coors Light.[​IMG]