Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why oh why

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, May 21, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Does it seam that I'll never be able to get anywhere on my K5 build up. One thing or another keeps popping up and zapping my build up funds. I had planned on having my axles under the K5 and my 38s on by now. But no, yet more unexpected bills. I had a hosipital stay last month. Just over night. Now I've got a bill over $5,000.00 to take care of. Looks like it'll be well into fall befor I'll be able too buy my 38s now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Damn, it sucks having to be a responcible person that pays his bills !!!!!

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Tell me about it, living on your own and going to college aint so easy either, especially when you work in a unstable industry, work was fine of course until I can get out of school ready to go fulltime and make the big $, now in the past two days I have gotten off early because we had little to no work whatsoever! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I can't get my truck even lifted much less 38's

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've got parts sitting. I was just waiting till I got the 8 lug rims and 38 inch Ground Hawg radials befor I started wrenching. Sence I won't be able to afford it anytime soon, I think I might as well buy some parts I can afford in the mean time. About Aug, I might break down and get a Detroit Locker for my B-day. It'd be nice to have it already in when I finally do install the axles. This really sucks, I hate having to wait, but I must put my bills first !!!!! And on top of it all, my printer stoped working !! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I hear ya... I'm lucky my mom helps me out... but dang, living in an older home can suck. I had a ton of plumbing blow up on me that cost a small fortune to replace. Now some idiot ran up my cell phone bill, and the topper.... work cut my hours for the summer from 40, to 16 a week. Sometimes I think I should sign up for some of the services I help families at work sign up for... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I hear that. If I could get some of those services I would, but I have a conviction for possesion of Methamphetamine in my past, and that makes me ineligable for any goverment aide. It's fawked up, I quit using dope, tried to turn my life around. (Done pretty damn good if I do say so myself. Haven't used drugs for years now.) But sence I have a Methamphetamine convition, I can't ever get any aide. Not even stuff as simple as food stamps. Now I'm not saying that I need it, but I think it's wrong that the goverment cuts people off from aide becouse of drug convections. Someone can rape a child, and get the aide when they get out of prison, but not if they sold dope !!!!!! To me, it's like they want the ex-dope dealers to start selling again. If a person is homeless and hungry, and can't get any aide, they will do what they know will make them money. I'm lucky enough not too be that bad off. But I know guys back in Omaha that got out the joint, couldn't find a job, had no money, and couldn't even get food stamps. I really feel for them, and don't blaim them one bit for doing what they have to do to survive !!!

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Trust me, you can get help if you ask the right folks. Anyone can work the system if they are willing to play the game... least in CA you can. I see it everyday, in fact, I help them do it.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Right now I'm not that bad off. My bills more of a inconvenence. I just have too put them first. The K5 build up will just have to wait awhile longer. I wouldn't feel right about getting aide when other people need it so much more then I do.

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Not to hijack or anything...
    [ QUOTE ]
    but dang, living in an older home can suck. I had a ton of plumbing blow up on me that cost a small fortune to replace.

[/ QUOTE ]

You ain't kiddin...
    Just had the town come out and expose the valve for the main coming into my house last tuesday because we found the 80 year old valve on the feed inside the house leaking, just before the meter (yeah, and the meter and a couple valves after it are also leaking, plus the sheared toilet feed in the upstairs bathroom, right above the brand new ceiling I put in the living room, the leaky lead waste pipes running down the brand new replastered walls)... It's like a K5, just when you think you got it stabilized, something else breaks...

9. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

newyorkin, you and I might just become new best friends. I just got through with my new home inspection, turns out my 64 year-old home was built on a a river. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Damn if there wasn't a foot and a half of water in the crawlspace. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Holy crap! A foot and a half!! That would scare me, I'd start thinkin I saw a single fin moving around in the dark...

Set aside a chunk of cash for a good sump pump, too!

I hear ya, though. We were having regular floods in our basement til we got the town to install a burm in the front yard. All the neighborhood water was running down into our basement.

PM me if you want to chat (or groan) about unexpected failures, repairs, or improvements... My current project is remodelling my daughters room, then it's on to my room, then my sons room, then the hallway, then the bathroom, then the (insert never ending list item here).

11. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I'm glad that we haven't closed on the house yet. The seller will hopefully pay to have a French drain system (or would it be a Freedom drain system? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif ) installed to keep it out. The drainspouts dump right at the foundation and we have had 3" or rain in the past two or so days. Glad we don't have a basement, I'd think we were sinking! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I'll definitely PM ya, I might need some advice, too! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Does it seam that I'll never be able to get anywhere on my K5 build up. One thing or another keeps popping up and zapping my build up funds. I had planned on having my axles under the K5 and my 38s on by now. But no, yet more unexpected bills. I had a hosipital stay last month. Just over night. Now I've got a bill over $5,000.00 to take care of. Looks like it'll be well into fall befor I'll be able too buy my 38s now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Damn, it sucks having to be a responcible person that pays his bills !!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to bust your balls here but how much did you just spend on your home theater /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif??? and the other springs when you were already lifted /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif?? Set you priorities and figure out your order to do things and just keep too it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif If your axles work why put in a locker before you buy tires?? Get it roling so it works then upgrade.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to bust your balls here but how much did you just spend on your home theater /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif??? and the other springs when you were already lifted /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif?? Set you priorities and figure out your order to do things and just keep too it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif If your axles work why put in a locker before you buy tires?? Get it roling so it works then upgrade.

[/ QUOTE ] Bought the home theater befor I got this outragous hospital bill. I always put my bills first, have to !! The new springs and shackle flip are to replace worn out rear springs and to get rid of blocks. Yes, my K5 is already lifted, but I didn't buy any new front springs, only rear suspension parts. I never have liked the blocks, and my stock rear springs are shot. (1976 originals) Anywho, I'm figuring it'll be well into fall or possible next year befor I'll have it trail worthy, and I know that I do want a Detroit Locker, so why not go ahead and drop one in the 14 Bolt FF I have prior to installing the axles.

14. the cork

the cork 1/2 ton status

i was in your same shoes not to long ago, i do feel good
    about paying my bills, just makes you a better, stronger,
    more independant person,i laugh when i see these politicians saying there gonna fight for me,fight what??
    who?? i do my own fighting its great being independant,
    and the creditors will recognize it also, ive earned
    hudge amounts of credit by paying my own bills and also
    very low interest rates, ive gotten to the point where i
    can borrow more money on credit cards than i can get with
    a home mortgage, i dont use it or need it just nice to know
    ive earned it, just keep paying your bills and youll be
    rewarded eventually, (dont bite the hand that feeds you
    it will keep feeding you) /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif