Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

why post drivel in truck forum

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by m j, Feb 13, 2002.

1. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

seems rude to make Grim or Steve move all the BS posts every day
    you all know if there is ZERO truck related content it dont belong there
    so why do it?
    give the moderators and site hosts a rest they shouldnt have to clean up after 'old timers', maybe steer newbies on the right track
    all the claims of 'close knit community' but cant abide the simplest courtesy

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

2. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

why post drivel about posting drivel in the non-drivel forum? seems rude to make us read all the BS posts every day.

its probably because there is a zillion times more traffic in the truck forum and people want their post to have exposure

mike. a jerk 2

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Define drivel...then take an honest look at the main board again. I posted the "10 bolt roll call" out of frustration with meaningless posts that serve no purpose.

My post got moved because A) it doesn't have anything to do with 1 ton parts, B) I admitted it was not a serious post.
    Frankly Wes's post "Dana 60 roll call" is as much drivel as anything that was moved today, yet there it is in the main forum still...

That particular post offers no useful information, it asks no questions that need answering, in fact it has no use other than being a vehicle for boasting about information we already have. Wes has a few D60's...uh-huh. So what? It's not like he just got em...

Time to get off yer high horse Michael, I'd think the last person that should be preaching about manners and common courtesy would be you.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Amen!!!
    His sig should of been all he needed to post. I was the first to read this thread but saw no reason to reply. But after reading yours..which was what I had thought of posting. I just have to agree with ya Rene.

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!

5. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

M J You have some brown stuff on your nose. :o)

If you didnt build it, it isnt really yours.........
    <a target="_blank" href=http://mandydyer.tripod.com/index.htm>http://mandydyer.tripod.com/index.htm</a>

6. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

How about when you want to make a point about the non sense drivel that is getting posted. Why don't you go complain about the post asking what underwear you were wearing...and who gives a crap about whether or not you have a D60.

And I agree. You have no room to preach about courtesy. When you don't care about what other's think, or treat them like a bag of [censored] like you usually do, then turn around and preach about courtesy then it's fair to say you are a hypocrit.

<font color=green>Can't sleep...the clown will get me</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

7. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

actually wasnt refering to your 10 bolts post Rene.
    it has at least a semblence of truck related in it.

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

8. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Why don't you go complain about the post asking what underwear you were wearing...and who gives a crap about whether or not you have a D60.

<hr></blockquote>

hmmm I am pretty sure THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM COMPLAININ about,
    all of the BS that belongs in this chat forum and is posted in the truck section.

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

9. muddin4fun

seems rude to make Grim or Steve move all the BS posts every day

<hr></blockquote>

When you said this, it sounded like you were talking about the ones that got moved. My mistake then.

"Out in Luckenbach Texas, there ain't nobody feelin no pain" Waylon Jennings 1937-2002

10. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

its probably because there is a zillion times more traffic in the truck forum and people want their post to have exposure

<hr></blockquote>

I agree that could be 1 reason, selfishness. pretty sure if someone was posting all their for sale ads in that forum the bitching would be real loud.
    i also hope that most of it is their familiarity with that forum and they do it more from absent mindedness(doubt thats a word)

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

11. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I guess i surf odd hours and see more get moved then some.
    the mods seem to work overtime moving threads everyday.
    they are usually nice and dont add a 'why did you make me move this' post to the thread so it goes mostly unnoticed.

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

12. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

why post drivel anywhere? to post a drivel thread, and force someone to read it is biger BS then someone moving the thread is... even worse is someone posting a reply to the initial thread to bounce the drivel back up to the surface. if everyone ignored drivel, and just let it slide, then the drivel would be gone. of course, just using your own courtesy drivel filter, and not driveling all over the place would be the better option... I mean who cares what kind of underwear someones wearing when they bought thier truck... I wear boxers all the time, because those white things suck. I don't own a D60, cause those things cost a lot, and I havn't had any time to get the money together to get one. someday I might get one, and put it in, but until then, my D44 ought to hold up just fine. of course, none of this really matters in comparison to how much canada was somehow robbed by russia... its not like they were robbed by very many points... perhaps a judge felt that the higher technical dificulty of the russian show deserved a little more then the canadian people flinging. of course, why does this matter anyway? so the canooks didn;t get a chunk of gold to take home. they got a chunk of silver tho... I suppose this is one of those `second place is first loser' things? on another totaly unrelated topic about those damn russians, how about that olympic basketball game where they beat the americans through raw, underhanded cheating? we should have started world war 3 over that thing you know... kinda like in red dawn, except instead of having russia invade us, we can invade them, and overthrow thier toothpick government, and invade thier ramshackle hoveltowns. that'll show the limey bastards. kinda like in braveheart where william wallace tries to kill england, but fails and gets killed instead. the worst part of that scene, was they actually did that to people back in the day. they'd all get together, it'd look like the renesance festival was in town, and they'd kill someone brutaly for the peoples pleasure. kinda like how the SCA gets together, and camps out in the woods, and smack eachother with fake swords, and pretend they're in the year 900 AD, or something, and working with king arthur on a really important quest to topple the evil government of france. (no one likes the french, not even the french) no one;s making you read this line of bullcrap by the way, which is a good thing since none of it makes much sense. kinda like the ending of the branch dividian compound. were they a religion, or a cult? by definition, all religions are cults, but not all cults are religions. someone figgure that one out, sometime, although I wouldn't really dare to tell the Muslims that thier religion is a cult, since that'd get me shot at, or mobbed, or something. why don't we just nuke the bastards, and turn that part of the world into a glowing sheet of glass anyway? less mouths to feed, less retards with Jyhads, less OPEC, and whatnot. of course, letting the russians have the gold medal COULD cause them to loosen the prices on thier oil sales, and drive OPEC out of business, and the V8 bigblocks back into family cars. can you immagine a honda accord with 7.4 liters of displacement? I sure can, and I think that'd be about the coolest thing ever. not nearly as cool as my twin caddy engine pickup truck... I havn't worked out all the details on that just yet, but if it works out right, then all I'll need is 2 1972 caddy Eldorado's, with 500 Bigblocks, and working front wwheel drive, an old pickup body ( possibly frame, unless I get one custom fabbed up) and about a 50 gallon gas tank to keep them both fed... but It'd have to go hella fast, and it'd have a rather odd 4wd thing going on. I wonder if I could hook it up to do 4wheel steering too, since both steering setups would still be intact.. .perhaps slave the rear wheels off the front wheels, and have a flow reversal switch, so they can do tight corners, or flat strafing, and have a central lockout position for just standard front wheel only steering. I've gotta look into that sometime. anyone still reading this stupid thing? I'm rather impressed. as you may have noticed, this is just plan BS, for the sake of BS. its pointless to post a thread that says don't post BS, because some smartass like me is going to post it anyway.

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red>

13. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

hey that had 4x4 related content
    I will have Grim move it to the 4x4 section for you

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

14. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

thankyou sir,

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red>

15. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

<hr></blockquote>

That's actually why I don't spend much time there anymore! If I was able to get to the interesting drivel faster, I'd go in there more often! Anything I can answer there is usually answered about 40 times before I even read it, and I haven't had any real questions lately, so I LIKE the drivel! Gives the board a little color...

Although, I did see Wes's roll call yesterday and thought it was a little weird...

I wouldn't think it's rude to make moderators move stuff! I had thought they leave things there for a little while to give them some view time, then move them. Everybody has a different spice to add. Would you kick your kid out of the restaraunt at dinner if you were talking about cheese, and he was talking about bread? I don't think it's really that big of a deal.

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.

16. muddin4fun

Would you kick your kid out of the restaraunt at dinner if you were talking about cheese, and he was talking about bread?

<hr></blockquote>

Yes...something wrong with that? [​IMG]

"Out in Luckenbach Texas, there ain't nobody feelin no pain" Waylon Jennings 1937-2002

17. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Well, no, not if you're from <font color=red>TE</font color=red><font color=yellow>X</font color=yellow><font color=blue>AS</font color=blue>!

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.

18. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Ohhhhhhh......now you gone and made Muddin go get her headers off the shelf and ready to throw at you!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Wes....covering head with arms and hands.

<font color=red>Only real men drive K30's!!!</font color=red> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

19. muddin4fun

Not yet. [​IMG]

Lara....wondering if Wes is mocking Rene by doing this

20. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

No, not mocking Rene...just showing what I'm doing. It's about the only way to show everyone what I'm doing other than the *covering head with arms and hands*. Know what I mean? [​IMG]

<font color=red>Only real men drive K30's!!!</font color=red> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>