Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

why SHOULDN'T i run 44's??? Any reasons?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OffRoad, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

why SHOULDN\'T i run 44\'s??? Any reasons?

when i get my truck, i'm thinking of just starting with 44's. instead of going up and up.
    if i can afford them is there any reason i shouldn't get them?
    is there any downside to huge tires? (besides initial expense and higher fuel costs)

before you say it, i realize i'll have to make the truck bullet proof. 6.2/454, sm465, np205, 60, 14, 5.13's, 1 ton stuff... /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifi'm not one those guys that thinks he can run 10 bolts and be ok.

after seeing MountianExplorer's big crew cab with 44's i just lost it and needed some of my own.

how much lift could i run before the thing would get "tippy"?? would a 10" kit be too much? i know your thinking "why not just trim like crazy?"

well if i put on 44's i want this thing to tower. not 22" ifs 2wd lift tower, but something that says "DAMN! that's a big truck." not that i'm compensating for anything... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif (too much information)

before you ask, i wheel pretty hard. like not hammer down boogie, but i'm not going to be pussy footing around on the trails. this will be no pavement princess.

my terrains are northern woods, mud, snow, and very small amount of road. no sand, no rockcrawling.

as i understand it, the more lift you get the less flex you have... correct? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

thanks for the help. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: why SHOULDN\'T i run 44\'s??? Any reasons?

I'd say the width of 44's would keep me from running them. I would prefer 42's...

Rene

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

width, expense, weight.

42's with 6" of lift is perfect IMHO. 10" of lift with a 44" tire is going to have a high CG, and "tippy" depends on the driver.

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Depends on the terrain. I like the 40"s that I run now but for the serious mud, a 44 would be great.

5. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

because it won't fit in garage anymore!! [​IMG]
    and now the truck is over 8ft wide, so it won't fit on my trailer! other than that, I like it!!

6. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I couldn't think of any reason. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

7. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

geeze, i saw a truck just like that once, wasn't as clean!!
    and it stunk bad!
    so.. hows the muddin?

8. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

I think you shouldn't run them for the simple reason that you will look like a major redneck with that big of lift and those big of tires. You will look like you live in a small Michigan farm town.

9. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I think you shouldn't run them for the simple reason that you will look like a major redneck with that big of lift and those big of tires.

[/ QUOTE ]
    " It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than speak and remove all doubt "

where the hell did that come from? you own an explorer right?

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

Sample says "I think you shouldn't run them for the simple reason that you will look like a major redneck with that big of lift and those big of tires. You will look like you live in a small Michigan farm town. "

i like the looks of 44's
    u might want to watch what u say b4 u offend someone

11. nvrenuf

The muddin is GOOD! We just went to Pensacola on the 4th and had a good ride. I didn't do much, I trashed the front r&amp;p right off the bat so I had to spectate. It's all good though, I just bought another set off of Ebay and should be ready for nother ride around March.

Feel like taking a vacation on the gulf coast? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. uglychevyZZ4

i like the looks of 44's
    u might want to watch what u say b4 u offend someone

[/ QUOTE ] Go boy GO /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifrednecks, white bread and Blue Ribbon Beer baby /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]

13. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

" It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than speak and remove all doubt "

where the hell did that come from? you own an explorer right?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is such a lovely quote, dare I say REPOST?

Now, about the redneck comment. It is somewhat true, go to a small Michigan farmtown and watch all the rednecks driving around in their mudhole with their fullsize Chevies and their 10"+ of lift on 38"+ tires and all their JEG's and Flowmaster stickers.

BTW, nope, I don't own an Explorer. Jeep ZJ and K5. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

I dont get it, You wheel a Jeep Cherokee, you may own a K5 but obviously you dont respect it. I always see you talking Sh!t about things such as this, why are you posting here? Isnt there like a million Jeep forums.........?

15. nvrenuf

Duhh... Hi, my name is Buba...err Bubuh... ahhh Bubba and I have a truck with big tires.

BTW - nice Jeep, I really like the 32's. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

16. uglychevyZZ4

Now, about the redneck comment. It is somewhat true, go to a small Michigan farmtown and watch all the rednecks driving around in their mudhole with their fullsize Chevies and their 10"+ of lift on 38"+ tires and all their JEG's and Flowmaster stickers.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ya.................AND /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    oh, and even better </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Dare I say REPOST?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Repost on THIS [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I think you shouldn't run them for the simple reason that you will look like a major redneck with that big of lift and those big of tires. You will look like you live in a small Michigan farm town.

[/ QUOTE ]

So? Whats wrong with that?

18. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

Boy oh boy! I have struck a nerve with some people haven't I? It was intended as a joke. I took some of my real life experiences and made fun of them. I vist a small Michigan farmtown quite often, West Branch. There is plenty of mud around and I can be found playing in it. I use plenty of red RTV too.

When have I talked sh*t?

I am glad you like my Grand on 32's. It wheels quite well for having such small tires. How did you find out they were 32's? JU? AZVJC?

I do frequent numerous Jeep boards. I do respect my K5, I have yet to drive it more than a mile since I have purchased it, I am very eager to get it running properly, money is only an issue there. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

19. uglychevyZZ4

I agree Josh, thats true.It is bad enough that he cant respect other peoples likes, but he has to do it from a high horse, just like a jeeper to have that ADDITUDE /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

20. uglychevyZZ4

Again...in case you forgot what you said..
    I think you shouldn't run them for the simple reason that you will look like a major redneck with that big of lift and those big of tires.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I do believe you put a PERIOD at the end of that sentence which makes it a complete sentence, at least here in da redneckville it does. I see no mention of Michigan in that sentence, just major redneck. Happy friend shopping, and with that here is my final opinion..............
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.