Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why the huge wait

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 22, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I want to see The Butterfly Effect again... More specifically, I want to OWN The Butterfly Effect... But the movie isn't coming out on DVD until July 6th... What's up with that?? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Yeah I have always wondered why it takes so long for the movie to get from the theatres to the stores. I've seen some take up to 4 months /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Oh no, not again, what do you mean by profits? Don't they make profits when they actually get into stores so they sell?

5. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

No one would pay to go to the theatre if the movie was going to come out on DVD 2 weeks later.

6. Resurrection_Joe

Yep, and people may not want to go out and buy a move they just saw. They will leave it in the theaters untill it is not making a lot of money anymore and then wait a while to built up interest again,a nd then release the DVD.

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Interesting /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif... do they make all the copies when the movie is in theatres, or when its waiting to be realeased?

8. Resurrection_Joe

No idea

What pisses me off is they released a crap version of Kill Bill V1 and I have to wait to buy the GOOD version later, possibly packaged with KB2

I'm such a tool

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

How come in theatres they only use the cencored versions when they can just bump the rating from say, 14A, to R? Then when it comes to rental places you can only get unrated, or uncensored versions /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I have a crud load of questions today /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. Resurrection_Joe

It's easier to sell a room load of tickets to a mass cross section of aufdience when it doesn't offend half the audience. At the rental place it's a one by one deal.

Anything that comes in an unrated version is either a sick comedy, an obscure import film, or really really bad. From what I've seen anyway.

Wow unrated! I CAN SEE MORE POOP JOKES NOW!

Of course I dunno what you canadians have for rating systems

All I know is cheap healthcare, good beer, and somewhere up there there's a guy named Kevin with a Zuk,

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Who's kevin with a zuk /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Our rating system goes :G, PG, PG-13, 14A, R, 18A.

12. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

Beyond profit and beating the horse till it's dead... The main reason is that most movies premiere in the U.S. then slowly start showing in different countries around the world. In effect, it's usually still headlining somewhere around the world, long after it's out of the theaters here. If they released the DVD after like a month or two, people in Europe, Asia etc.. could buy the DVD before it ever hit their local theatres.

They have tried to shorten this lag by region coding DVD's which did very little to help. Besides the fact, most movies are out on bootleg DVD's on the streets of Hong Kong, Taiwan... etc... Long before the studios release them to the theatres. I know thanks to the internet I was watching Matrix Revolutions like 6 weeks before it hit theatres in the US. Worst was Blair Witch Project which was making rounds on the internet like 6 months before it hit the theatres. Was watching Shrek 2 at home not 6 hours after it's debut in the theatres.

[ QUOTE ]
    I want to see The Butterfly Effect again... More specifically, I want to OWN The Butterfly Effect... But the movie isn't coming out on DVD until July 6th... What's up with that?? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

[/ QUOTE ]