Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why To K5 run

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, Jul 7, 2000.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Just back from vacation today and need to catch up a bit. Just a few questions for the people that were at the run.
    1. Were the trails to hard, to easy or just right?
    2. Would you go to another one?
    3. Would you like to have another one in Colorado again or some where else like Moab or ??
    4. Any ideas on how to make future runs better?
    5. Did you have fun?
    6. Would late summer be a better time for a run?

I learned a lot about what not to do on organizing a 4x4 event (it was my first). I will be doing a few things better at the next event (more organized). Sorry for the problems we had over the run, I will do much better next time.

Steve

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Steve,

Good to see you back. First of all I'd like to say thanks for your efforts in putting this run together. I thought we had a good turnout. The type of trails we went on seemed just right for the wide variety of vehicles (from stock to heavily modified). Personnaly I would have liked more rocks on flatter ground (carb problems). I would definitely go to another one as long as it's with in about 1000 miles (one way) from me. I think next year in Moab then the following year in Farmington then the next maybe on the East coast somewhere would be great. Are you sure Easter would be a good time in Moab though, with the J@@p safari and all? I did have a blast this year. Meeting at BK was a good idea. It gave everyone a good chance to check all the rigs out and to grab a bite to eat before heading out also. The time of the year was great for Colorado but depending on what place we meet at each year would determine what time of year we meet. As far as anything to do better I think you learned alot this time as well as the rest of us on the logistics of what organizing a run is like.

Overall good job and I can't wait till next year!
    David 75K5

[​IMG] http://www.goldrush.coloradok5.com

3. Rockblazer

Rockblazer 1/2 ton status

Didn't get to go but if it's anything like your web page I am sure it was a blast. We hold an annual event every year and let me tell ya we are always up for fresh ideas, better organization, more bang for the buck type of deal! Best thing I can tell ya is don't do it all yourself and get kind of a posse together and put many heads together. It will be easier and you can spread the responsibility out. Ie. Trail master: responsible for trails, permits and such
    Door prize person: door prizes
    Registrations: registrations and sign ups insurance

You get the idea! Good luck with next years event! Todd

"You're right... I don't understand that Jeep thing!"

4. Big B

Big B 1/2 ton status

well i did not get to go but if you did half as good of a job as you have done to this site i am sure it was great keep up the good work i will be there next year,Big B. bigb4x4.coloradok5.com

bigb4x4.coloradok5.com

5. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Spring creek was great, Bill Moore was ok as well. I thought Sunday was a really good day. Now that the ride is over I realized I ate a cam lobe and wiped out all of my bearings, so the motor is in the machine shop as we speak. I would like to make a ride to left hand cannon beginning to mid August and then try Moab for Labor day, any takers? by the way, my wife Kim won the short sleeve shirt from ORD

6. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

I didn't go to the run, even though I would have loved to! I do have one suggestion, since I'm on the east coast,(Long Island). maybe we could move the run somewhere in the appalacians. Colorado is way far for me. With my luck I'd break down in the middle of Kansas.

7. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

Just wondering what problems you have run into. I'd like to attend hopefully in the future when the truck is ready and the kids are older. It'll be quite the trip from Ontario, Canada.

<font color=green>Joe Angelicchio
    86 Jimmy 4+3, 35-&gt;39.5 tires,4spd
    </font color=green>
    [​IMG]

8. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

9. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Is there a chance that you guys could make it somewhere near the south like Texas next time? That way I'd dare to drive through Mexico and join you guys! That would be a dream come true for me.

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

10. Balou

Balou 1/2 ton status

11. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Glad to have you back StevO
    I know this doesn't answer your questions, but I think if everyone had fun and madeit off the trail in rolling condition the it was a complete success!!
    I'll give you an A+, even though I wasen't there!! [​IMG]
    I would goto Moab next year, duno if you want to rethink the dates cuz of the safari, or better yet could you imagine haveing 15 to 20 K5's all lined up in a row, rumbling into Moab and "crashing" the J**P safari!![​IMG]
    I think they would notice us, don't you??[​IMG]
    Where every you decide try to get the dates posted ASAP so I can get work off and prep the wife[​IMG]

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com